photo resizing program | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

photo resizing program

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
What is a good free program to resize photos? I want to take the pictures from my camera and resize them so I can post them here.

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Donner

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Natomas/Irvine
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sp 03 XLT 4x4s, Scion
What kind of camera do you have? You might be able to resize from your camera... Mine is a camcorder and camera. But if I take pictures using the camcorder, they come out smaller... or you might be able to adjust your camera's settings.

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
I have vista. I have the camera set at the lowest setting and they still come out huge. I signed up for photobucket and it seems to be working.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
For quick edits and photo management, I use ACDSee -- its a good package for its price ($50 for teh ACDSee Photo Manager 2009 version) . It can do batch process so you can resize dozens of photos in a few mouse clicks (with more user-friendly options than PhotoShop's batch processing feature). Its of course not as powerful as say PhotoShop but I find ACDSee a lot faster to use when all you wan to do is touch up and/or resize photos and get them up on the web.

http://www.acdsee.com/