Photoshop Text does not look good? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Photoshop Text does not look good?

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
Hey guys,

I have a little photoshop problem. When I use photoshop to make imeages the text does not look good and looks grainy around the text edges.

What are my options to make it look better.

<

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
What DPI are you starting the document out at? What are you using the image for?

Also in the Character Window check the bottom right like my pic below.

Burns_EF.png

Mess with those choices and be sure to the file is a higher DPI for best results.

<

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
Look at www.westspartacoc.com

The rotating pictures that are used there I am keeping up with and I want them to look better. My image size is 460x300 and I have tried 300 as the dpi but still am not to happy with the text.

<

jadez03

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, AK
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 4WD 4.6L V8 Sport Trac
Photoshop's text rendering engine has an issue with vector type (unrasterized) when it's tilted, and those jaggies drive me insane sometimes. A simple solution is to rasterize your text layer before rotating. This annoys me though because if you decided to edit the text you have to create the layer all over again.

Hope that helps though. (Just as I am about to hit reply I see this thread is from 2011...sorry, just discovered this section.)

<