Pic request:1st Gen w/ AVIC-N1 or AVH-P6400/6600 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pic request:1st Gen w/ AVIC-N1 or AVH-P6400/6600

Spdrcer34

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XL
I would like to see a picture of a Pioneer stereo w/ monitor flipped up installed in a 1st Gen.

I looked in the photo gallery, but wasn't finding what I wanted.

Thanks,
Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, I found a pic on F14crazy's set-up, and it looks like a 6400, but he also has it @ about a 45º angle. Is it not able to go fully upright? What is in the way? I'd like it to be upright, like it was designed to be, but I also don't want to put a spacer inbetween the dash and stereo.

Ryan

It's got a tilt button. Tilting probably gives a better view.

I know you can tilt it, but I wanted to know why he couldn't/didn't have it flipped up all the way. Tilting a LCD screen CAN give you a better picure, but the angle he has it at in his avatar, there's NO WAY he can see it at all.

Nobody has a good clear pic of one installed? I would like to see a straight on view, and a side shot to show clearances to the dash

Ryan

You could PM him.. Why does it matter how it looks? It would look the same way no matter the vehicle.

no reply on PM's. I wanna know if it will hit the center vent or not.

Ryan

Back