Pic Request for lift and tires on 1st gen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pic Request for lift and tires on 1st gen

Any body have a pic of a 91-94 4door with a 3" body lift and 31" tires? The "old lady" said it will look stupid, but i think if she gets a look at one already done she might change her mind. thanx -- Marc

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stupid is a pretty strong word.

He asked for a picture, let him form his own opinion.
I ran 31's with a TT & 3" body lift. My opinion is it didn't look bad. It looks better with the 33's.
But the 31's weren't bad.

check in my signature I have a picture of 2nd Generation w/ 31's, TT & 3" body lift.

I just checked this, it seems I'm kind of a "arse" not trying to be sorry.

Yeah that's kind of negative there x.. guy. And while you are recommending something atleast make sure you know that a 3 inch body won't run 33's.... Shooting him down and then making a suggestion that won't work is not cool. I had a friend with a 5.5 and 33's that rubbed his front bumper offroad.

What you might want to look into marc is not only some 31's but a 3 inch body should also run 32x11.50x15 so do a search on those also. Either way it would look cool. Tell your "old lady" what's up.

If you like it, that's all that matters. At least one person will think it's stupid. I'm sure every vehicle on the planet looks stupid to at least one person. I agree, go to 32's with the 3". I did shackles and spacers and wish I would've gotten 32's instead of 31's.

That pic of Alto's rig lifted 3" w/31's doesnt look bad at all!!

Heres a STUPID photoshop I did of my truck for a post a while back. Ignore the paint, but look at the "photoshop lift". I have 31's on that truck and that lift has GOT to be at least 3-4". It doesnt look too bad(well, short of the paint).

exfunny2.jpg

I think it will look good. Here, just minus 2"of lift and 2" of tire. LOL My point is it wont look stupid.

Attachments

• mar01102.jpg
    mar01102.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 349

it wont' look stupid at all. When I had the 3" body lift, I couldn't fit 33's. They rubbed too much. 31's looked really good. Your wife should love it

Originally posted by eXXXplorer
3" body rolling around on 31's would look stupid.

How about 3" body and 33's?

you ever had an explorer, with 3" Body lift, and 31"s ?? if no than dotn comment, To tell ya the truth, no it wont look stupid, some times i think my tires look to small, but than other times it looks good. Im workign on another 2" of lift to fit 33"s.... Hold on ill get ya a picture....

PEACE

i think either way it would look better then stock!

What you might want to look into marc is not only some 31's but a 3 inch body should also run 32x11.50x15 so do a search on those also.

Maybe its just me, but I have a 3" b/l and 1.5" shackle and spacer lift, and I used rubbed with 32/11.50x15's. once again, that could just be me, but I don't think that you will be able to fit 32/11.50's without a good amount of trimming, that is, if you plan to do any flexing, or turning for that matter.

Oh, I didn't think you would rub with 32's and 3 inch body. Only guy I ever knew to have just a 3" body was on a second gen and he had 31's and was going to 32's cause they should have easily fit. My bad, I stand corrected on the first gens.

Just a side note, I was leaving school today and noticed a guy had put some shackles and TT on his like 98 XLT. The thing is I never really had a good perspective on how much it lifted it because everybody always put tires on it or something else and I only saw it in pictures. This guy had exactly what I used to have, BFG AT 30x9.50 and the stock rims. Man it looked so much bigger than mine did when I had them back then and the tires looked tiny. I did not know it made it look quite that much different. I believe I will be getting some of those and do a TT over summer. It just looked cool.

I wasn't bashin on ya or anything... I mean, if it wasn't gonna be used off road, I bet you could get away with it with a little trimming, but you wouldn't be able to flex much b4 rubbing majorly.

Tires seem to fit different on all our trucks. I have 31s and no lift, and my tires dont rub when wheelin.:D X9293 might could try shackles and spacers instead of a 3in. body lift.

ya'll wanna know somethin funny, I have a 31's and no lift also and it doesn't rub at all offroad (don't go very hard just twist/flex a good bit), but there are these dips in all the intersections of major streets where I live and everytime I hit one of those even remotely fast my LEFT side get slammed up into the fender, haha. Right side is fine and it used to rub when I was turning but a simple wood saw took care of that fine. No other problems but when I hit those damn things fast, my mom's camry can take them faster.

that could also be from you shocks on that side. You also have the added weight of the gas tank on the driver side too.

I have 9" of total lift, and I still rub some times with the 35's. I didn't before, but my shocks are shot to hell now, so I get some rubbing every now and then. Should have some new shocks and tires within 2 weeks though.

Originally posted by x9293
Any body have a pic of a 91-94 4door with a 3" body lift and 31" tires? The "old lady" said it will look stupid, but i think if she gets a look at one already done she might change her mind. thanx -- Marc

I'll see if I can find my ones like that and put them on here. I have an awesome one from after I first got it done.

Back