Picked up a new project | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Picked up a new project

Just seein how its goin. :)

Also if your sis needs any help I'm here in Idaho. Is she in Moscow or Lewiston for school???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea id say this ranger needs to go to pimp my ride 1st before ur sister gets it =)

Updated Pics...

Well the battle goes on... This weekend we tried to completly redo the brake system, we did new pads and drums in the rear and resufaced disc and pads in the fronnt as well as repacking the berrings. Oh yeah and some pretty paint ;) Here are some updated pictures.

As you can see not much has changed inside, exsept the new seats collecting dust. :rolleyes:

12287inside_2-med.jpg

We stiill have alot of work to do in here.

12287floor.jpg

On the outside progress is being made...below the frame anyway.

12287rear1.jpg

12287rear2.jpg

up front is looking nice too.

12287front1-med.jpg

as you can see there is alot of work still ahead...the rain is really slowed us down. But what do you want when you try to rebuild a truck in one of the wettest rain seasons (2nd) in over 100 years!

12287front_2.jpg

Truck is looking good. Now we have the issue on some other pics. You still need to show us the young lady that will receive this restored mode of transportation. :D

looks alot like my dads 84 auto 2.9 4x4..his is in really good shape though and all stock..only 105k miles hopfully a future project.
104313.jpg

looks pretty clean though...interior is rough but still pretty clean for what it is! good luck

Just curious, what type of paint did you use on the suspension and how'd you get it soo smoooth? :p

IAmTodd said:
Just curious, what type of paint did you use on the suspension and how'd you get it soo smoooth? :p

Just got as much crap off as possible, then I just used this paint called rust cap or something. It kills the rust or something :rolleyes:

Glad you all like it so far ;)

As for the Pic....Well lets just say the lil sis does check in here for the latest info on her truck. I have a piture somewhere though... :rolleyes:

Well got some more done on the tuck today. Finished up the brakes and some of the new parts back on. The truck should get some new meats under her by next weekend. 30x9.5x15 BFG A/T's Here is some updated pic's.

12287df1.jpg

12287db2-med.jpg

...and here is the picture you all have been waiting for. This is Dawna my 19 year old sister and she will be reciving the keys......when it's done :rolleyes: She will probally see this so say hello all. ;)

12287dawna.jpg

truck is looking better and better. Should be a nice and reliable truck when it is all said and done.

Also I have a plastic bedliner out of my 93 not sure if it will it or not but if does and you want it you can have it. It is for a shortbed.

RockRanger said:
truck is looking better and better. Should be a nice and reliable truck when it is all said and done.

Also I have a plastic bedliner out of my 93 not sure if it will it or not but if does and you want it you can have it. It is for a shortbed.

Yes yes I need one Thanks Matt! It will fit, bedliners for Rangers are the same from 83-to current The Ranger has only had 2 beds ever :rolleyes: Did you know all te s-cab windows are the too! :confused: I'll let you know when I can make it down to get it.

Accualy My dad said he will be in San diago tommorow! That's pretty crazy! I'll find out where he will be, I don't know if you will bw avillanle tommorow though :(

RockRanger said:
Definitely! She is really lucky to be getting an almost completely rebuilt truck :)

HAHA I'm the first horndog to say she is a hottie!!!! Just had to post that

Stic-o said:
Yes yes I need one Thanks Matt! It will fit, bedliners for Rangers are the same from 83-to current The Ranger has only had 2 beds ever :rolleyes: Did you know all te s-cab windows are the too! :confused: I'll let you know when I can make it down to get it.

Accualy My dad said he will be in San diago tommorow! That's pretty crazy! I'll find out where he will be, I don't know if you will bw avillanle tommorow though :(

I may or may not be around. Not sure. My cell phone number is 619 322 9832. I live kind of by Qualcomm stadium so Im not sure where your dad will be. I still need to take the plastic part off my tailgate but that wont take more then a few minutes.

Also I have the stock rear bumper off my ranger as well if he you want that too. You can look at it when you get the bedliner and see if it is any better then the one you have.

RockRanger said:
I may or may not be around. Not sure. My cell phone number is 619 322 9832. I live kind of by Qualcomm stadium so Im not sure where your dad will be. I still need to take the plastic part off my tailgate but that wont take more then a few minutes.

Also I have the stock rear bumper off my ranger as well if he you want that too. You can look at it when you get the bedliner and see if it is any better then the one you have.

:( I just noticed from some of your pics it's a under the rail. I have to have a over the rail because of a bunch of holes on top of the rails. So I'll have to pass. Thanks anyway Rock, I really do appreciate it. ;)

no problem. Looks like its time to bust out the sawzall and cut it up and toss it then.

RockRanger said:
no problem. Looks like its time to bust out the sawzall and cut it up and toss it then.

Nah put it in the Recycler and sell it ;) At least make your self a few bucks

boominXplorer said:
HAHA I'm the first horndog to say she is a hottie!!!! Just had to post that

I'll second that notion!!!! :thumbsup: And shes in Idaho??? Hhhhmmmm ;) :D

Had some extra time here at work so I fixed the picture. Steve, you can't put a poor quality picture of your lil' sister on the board. :rolleyes: Maybe she'll like it a little better too. :thumbsup:

1600dawna.jpg

It's looking good minus the interior. Nice work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Colin!!! :thumbsup::D

Back