Picking up new Ex: Special care for White finish? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Picking up new Ex: Special care for White finish?

mad_dog97

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 EB
I'm picking up my '12 Explorer tomorrow and slowly putting my '04 EB Ex to pasture. I'm getting the White Limited (with 302a, tow package, and polished wheels).

Is there anything special about this paint/finish that I should know about when caring for it (wash/wax/etc)? I know the white costs more, but wasn't sure if that was due to anything different in the paint or finish.

I'm picking up my '12 Explorer tomorrow and slowly putting my '04 EB Ex to pasture. I'm getting the White Limited (with 302a, tow package, and polished wheels).

Is there anything special about this paint/finish that I should know about when caring for it (wash/wax/etc)? I know the white costs more, but wasn't sure if that was due to anything different in the paint or finish.
I believe the Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic White has added flecks in the paint which you can see upon close inspection. Also as the name implies, it has 3 coats of paint. To my knowledge, there is no special treatment required for looking after this finish.

I have that color and its basically like a pearl white. Its a very nice color and I get a lot of compliments about the color. If i was you, i would put a clear bra because its a very nice color to get a rock chip. It will blend in with the color well too.

I understand that both the tri-white and red are harder paints than the regular paint colors and more chip resistant.

Back