I Drive By Brail
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Montrose, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Bronco '80 Toy
I went down on Satuday and ended up running Hell's Revenge. The weather in the area was bad all week and ended up with a snow storm on Friday. Saturday's weather was almost perfect (a little cold). All the rain turned the normally sandy areas into small lakes and made for some interesting wheeling. There were several times I had water up to the rub strip on my doors, but I never got stuck! Unfortunatley(sp?) I was having too much fun to get any pics of myself, but here's a quick peek at what I saw.
http://public.fotki.com/mrboyle/explorer_4x4_trips/moab_ejs_2005/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice pics :cool:

Great pics Mike. I had heard that they closed Hells Gate but evidently they haven't?
09-vi.jpg

GJarrett said:
Great pics Mike. I had heard that they closed Hells Gate but evidently they haven't?
I think they had closed it for an EJS a couple of years ago. John and I have been on it since then (Moab last year) with no indication that it was still closed.

Nice pics. Looks like it was wet/cold(like it is up north). LOL @ that orange tube van.

Nice pics Mike, looks like fun.

Very cool pictures... cool to see... especially for those of us who have broken rigs... :(

mrboyle said:
Some of those lines taken were downright crazy. Glad to see that I'm not the only one to have trouble on it.

EDIT: of course, the fact that I even tried it in my explorer probably makes me crazy huh? :confused: :D

Yup. I would NEVER try Escalator in any vehicle that still had decent sheetmetal worth keeping.

Back