PICS!! FUN DAY @ Pismo Dunes w/clarkkent | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PICS!! FUN DAY @ Pismo Dunes w/clarkkent

clarkkent

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
san luis obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
McNeil Mountaineer
11/07/2003
I decided to go to the dunes with my buddy and his jeep grand cherokee. My buddies stopped at the top of this hill and took a picture of my truck rompin and mobbin through the dunes. Hope you enjoy.

306944_49_full.jpg

I hope this picture is worty of the explorerforum Calender!!!??

306944_50_full.jpg

306944_51_full.jpg

Heres me catchin a little air.. got four feet off the front and four feet off the back. Landed pretty smoothly!!!

BUT!!! I didn't walk away from doing all those crazy shots.. I Popped a bead within the first three minutes of rompin, bent my rims jumping it and my steering is loose!!! It's all okay though!
306944_52_full.jpg

306944_59_full.jpg

Well see ya guys later!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like a blast. Where exactly is Pismo? I was lookin gat www.glamisinfo.com and couldn't believe the freakin party and sweet wheelin. I didn't know there were chicks that like wheelin (and flashin) that much.

AWSOME PICTURES!

Thanks guys.. Yeh it was a blast. I'm really fortunate to live rite next to the dunes and go anytime i please. but its expensive going because I break stuff all the time!!! Pismo is in Central coast california, Glamis is more down south near San Diego and stuff... But yeh I really love that first pic of me kicking up alot of sand, My friends tell me its MAGAZINE WORTH picture!

hey is it me.. or

hey is it me or this site acting up weird rite now... for some reason im not subscribed to this thread?

I almost peed in my pants after seeing that "Welding Skills" book under the truck in the carnage picture! Preparing for the worst??:D

I suggest you fork over the cash for some good aluminum beadlocks. They'll be lighter so you'll get some mpg and performance back, and you'll never have to worry about rim damage or popping a bead again!

haha yeh the welding skills book.. hehe i knew that thing would come in handy some day.. hehe I lost my shovel a couple months back and guess what i used to dig my tire out??? hehe a piece of plate that i set my pre welds on thats about 8x8 inches long. hehe!

As for the beadlocks, i've been wanting to get some for soo long but they're sooo expensive. I'm thinking about just getting one pair and throwing them in front, because there's soooo much sidewall pressure when i'm driving fast and turning in the sand.

someone help me out here.. I'M NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THIS??? WHY NOT? IS THIS SOME KIND OF GLITCH?

Hey man looks like it was a great time. I wish I could have made it down there. I am really glad that I didn't go though. I started having all kinds of problems. Lean codes, clutch slipped really bad and had to be replaced. it would have been a very good time for me if I drove all the way down there and ended up breaking down. I hope I can catch you next time you go.

Yeh it was fun. Had a blast. too bad u couldnt make it man.. Don't worry I'll plan another one soon.

Back