(PICS INSIDE) 15x8 wheels 4"BS, bfg 31/10.50, 1.5" TT, warrior shackle and AAL | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

(PICS INSIDE) 15x8 wheels 4"BS, bfg 31/10.50, 1.5" TT, warrior shackle and AAL

1996 Explorer OHV v6 with 261,000 miles, and a 1999 front bumper

So i finally did the typical lift of all explorers here. I bought some brand new american racing wheels 15x8 with 4" backspacing. The ones with the red and blue stripes for 100 bucks of craigslist. I then used acetone to remove the stripes. Bought some bfg all terrains 31/10.50. I paints the stock center caps black as well. I then put on warrior shackles and the summit racing add a leafs. While doing leafs i put the driver side one to the passenger side to get rid of the driver side GANGSTA lean (it worked too). I then painted everything under the truck black to make it clean looking. No bolts were rusted and everythign went on very smoothly. Took about 6 hours for everything. By myself and taking my time. I love the way it looks and it rides so much better.

Stock wheels and tires with TT and shackle measurements from ground to center of fenderwell. As you can see it sat 1/2 higher on passenger side.

LF-32 1/4
LR 33 1/2
RF32 1/2
RR 34

I then swapped driver leaf for passenger side leaf. then AAL and 31's. It now sits completely level with 1/2 rake and the stance is very aggressive looking. I liek it alot.

LF 35
LR 35 1/2
RF 35
RR 35 1/2

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

IMG_9109.jpg

IMG_5675.jpg

IMG_7573.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

just shackle and TT with stock wheels and tires
IMG_3534-1.jpg

wheels before acetone
IMG_0405-1.jpg

fresh meats
IMG_0092.jpg

any questions or comments welcome, hope this helps out a lot of people. Had to trim front bumper a bit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh yea i took the pinstripe off too. The truck looks so much better from the stock wheels and tires with just the tt and shackles. Also to anyone thinking 31s are not big enough. The pictures dont do the wheels and tires justice for size. They were every bit of 2 inches talled then stock and 1 or so wider. the wheels alos made them stick out a bit. I can see the tires in my side mirrors now. Need mud flaps..:)

shackles are from ebay. just typed in warrior shackles and part 153 i believe popped up so i bought em. Think i over paid....oh well its on now

sweet ride bro! i have the same wheels on my white ST and had pro comp muds 30" but just ordered 33" duratracs.im foaming at the mouth waiting for the tires to come in!

Which add a leaf did you use? I see they have 1", 2", and 3" superlift add a leafs, in both, "Long style" and "Short Style" leafs on summitracing.

Also, your tire size is 31 x 10.5 on 15 inch rims. What does that translate to when shopping for the tires? Like the 225/70 R15 for example?? What is that for your tires.

I LOVE the way your Ex came out, totally badass!. I have a White 99 and have been planning on doing the TT, shackles, and 31's.Thanks!

Summit racing short add a leafs 10152 I believe was item number 2.5" wide. They were the short ones. 31x10.50 comes out to 265/75/15. Only difference is a 10.50 is very slightly wider and taller. Not noticeable at though.

I realize this is an old thread but do you think I could fit 265/70/17 with just tt/shackle lift or should I just go ahead and do a 3" body lift?

I know it's a old thread but do u have anymore pics of the truck after the wheels and tires I want the Same lift and wheels I want the tires to poke past the fenders did yours sorry for all the questions thanks.....joey

I know it's a old thread but do u have anymore pics of the truck after the wheels and tires I want the Same lift and wheels I want the tires to poke past the fenders did yours sorry for all the questions thanks.....joey

Personally on my explorer i just bought add a leaf and cranked my torsion bars up just under 2 inches, and i bought 17x8 wheels with 4.25 inch back space and a negative 12 offset and toyo a/t 2's. Size of 265/70/17. Its about 32x10.5. It sticks past the fenders and looks really nice. May have to do mild trimming, but its very easily done with a simple box cutting knife. Ill post some pics up on here soon.

I also put smoked taillights and headlights. I bought nerf bars, painted all my trim black including the ding guards on the doors, and i have a kenwood navigation unit and. 2 12 inch subs. It has the 5.0 AWD and i love it.

Back