pics of 30's on stock wheels suspension? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pics of 30's on stock wheels suspension?

JeffNJ94Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Middlesex, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer 5MT
Hey everyone, I'm thinking of getting new tires and maybe stepping up to some 30x9.5's. Does anybody have pictures they can post of 1st gen explorers on 30's with stock suspension and wheels? I tried searching, but no luck. It looks like I can assume no rubbing? Any downsides to running this size? thanks!

Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

only downside is you could have gotten 31's or 32's for about $50-100 more

Ryan

mvc016f1qs.jpg

Tires and wheels for sale!

Just for his benefit, any pics of 1st gens with 31's on stock wheels and suspension? That way he could see the differerence.

CGriffin, where did you get your Pre-Runner bar?

30 x 9.5's are only about half an inch larger in diameter than 235/75R15's, so they really don't look much different. Due to the small size difference, 30 x 9.5's usually go on with no problems and no rubbing. The only downsides to running a bit larger size is a slight decrease in acceleration depending on the gearing, and possibly higher fuel consumption with heavier tires. You might want to check the price comparison as well, sometimes theres a hefty price increase from 235/75R15 to 30 x 9.5 on some brands.

Close enough.

Attachments

• MVC-424F.JPG
    MVC-424F.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,257

Back