Pics of my Explorer... and a thanks. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pics of my Explorer... and a thanks.

Reaction score
City, State
In the Middle
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Ranger 5.0
I purchased my '97 5.0 AWD about 15 months ago. I've put just over 15,000 miles on it since then, and it now has 183,300 miles. I knew nothing about Explorers when I joined this forum, but with the help of the great members and valuable information contained here, I was able to complete many small and large repairs that would have been nearly impossible otherwise.

Thank-you to everyone who keeps this place going :thumbsup:

And here's some pics of my Explorer, currently with 183,3xx miles on it... I'd really like to have some different wheels and an all-white front, but it's good enough for now.

5-16-08006.jpg

5-16-08003.jpg

5-16-08009.jpg

5-16-08014.jpg

5-16-08011.jpg

5-16-08013.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice Explorer and great photography! :thumbsup:

nice explorer

Thanks guys :D

I'm still using my $95 digital camera that I bought about 8 or 10 years ago. I'm really surprised it still works :eek:

Make sure you fasten those subwoofers somehow.

lol wow it looks almost like mine except lowered...looks good though

Like the lowered look. IMO it look tenfold better with a set of 97 cora wheels and some 265-45-17's . Oh yeah and some paint on the back driver side piller. However looks good.

Like the lowered look. IMO it look tenfold better with a set of 97 cora wheels and some 265-45-17's . Oh yeah and some paint on the back driver side piller. However looks good.

lol like i said, exacly like mine...

Make sure you fasten those subwoofers somehow.
Ya, right now they're just sitting in there. I am building a ported box and plan to use a couple bolts through the bottom of the box and the floor. I usually use some sort of steel plate like a big washer inside the box so the bolts don't pull through the box.

lol wow it looks almost like mine except lowered...looks good though
Do you have any pics of your's? I've been thinking of lifting mine and getting some 32's when my tires need replaced.

It's finally starting to warm up outside, so I'll be able to paint the corners black sometime soon. I think some white Cobra wheels with a white front end and white rear bumper would look great, but my "accountant" disagrees. :D

Do you have any pics of your's? I've been thinking of lifting mine and getting some 32's when my tires need replaced.

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

ask and you shall receive :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pics! Mine even had the pinstripe like that, but I removed it and the V8 emblems when I got it. Your's looks really nice, and I'd like to go up with mine, but I'm not sure if I'll like the larger tires slowing me down... this thing is slow enough already.

Thanks for the pics! Mine even had the pinstripe like that, but I removed it and the V8 emblems when I got it. Your's looks really nice, and I'd like to go up with mine, but I'm not sure if I'll like the larger tires slowing me down... this thing is slow enough already.

if you think yours is slow you should drive mine lol mines the ohv v6 with 3.73 gears eeeek

Back