pics of the gear selector indicator?? anyone | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pics of the gear selector indicator?? anyone

skillz105

Reaction score
City, State
raleigh, nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ford explorer sport
I'm putting my dash back together that my uncle took apart so I really dont know what goes where I think I might have it but really not sure because the cable is real loose but this is what I have please let me know what I'm missing theres a little spring that I have thats it with all the screws would that happen to to go where the arrow is pointing?

IMG_20111221_195340-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got another digital camera today, old one bit the dust. I'll see if I have any spare selectors laying around. I should as I just finished a manual trans swap and changed the dash and steer column to look factory.

If i find it I'll post a pic.

Just got another digital camera today, old one bit the dust. I'll see if I have any spare selectors laying around. I should as I just finished a manual trans swap and changed the dash and steer column to look factory.

If i find it I'll post a pic.

thanks man

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I just had my dash apart today, but it is already reassembled and I didn't take any pictures.

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I just had my dash apart today, but it is already reassembled and I didn't take any pictures.
dang you wouldnt have happend to seen what went in that spot have you?

Sorry it took awhile with christmas and all, but here ya go hope this helps.

My camera sucks at closeups, I need to start looking for a new one.

The wire comes over from the cable end, and slipes over a pin on the selector arm. A small spring provides the return and is connected from the housing to the same pin.

Attachments

• Picture 159.jpg
    Picture 159.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 432
  • Picture 160.jpg
    Picture 160.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 450

Sorry it took awhile with christmas and all, but here ya go hope this helps.

My camera sucks at closeups, I need to start looking for a new one.

The wire comes over from the cable end, and slipes over a pin on the selector arm. A small spring provides the return and is connected from the housing to the same pin.
ok thanks man that helped alot

Back