pics of X after 20's and DVD installed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pics of X after 20's and DVD installed

Here it is.

235951_4_full.jpg

Here it is after i took my bugguard off. Later i took off my door side moldings. plan on taking roof rack off when i get back.

235951_1_full.jpg

The newest toy.

235951_2_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the DVD player and tinting. The 20's I am not tto fond of due to being an off road guy, but I can appreciate the work being done:)

thanks. i wish i had another to put big tires and a lift on. that would be sooo awesome.

Hey Nice truck, how long do you tihhnk you will be in Gulfport for? I ask because i'm from Biloxi (graduated from biloxi) but i wear the cammies too. I visit down there about 5 times a year and i was wondering if you would be there this fall/winter when i came back down, maybe we could meet up....Even though i'm lifted with 33's :D

I LIKE IT!

:p

hey Yomie that would be cool. I will be coming back from Diego Garcia this December. and will be going on leave pretty soon after but in january i will be back. I am also going to be putting some engine performance parts in my truck then too. i know of a few places to go riding in your
X too. Believe it or not i have even ran my
X through a few holes before i decided to make it a streeter. lol. by the way that is a sweet looking truck you got there too. is that the OHV or the SOHC? hey i saw that in on of your pictures it said something about louiseville, ky. my best buddy in which i am stationed with lives there. we go up there about four times a year to hang out in Shively. well man i will talk to you later. bye.

hey dark fox thanks. i had to to take a looksee at your ride too, and i got to say it looks tight. i wish i had your paint job. nice clears also. i plan on getting those and billet grill and my airdam when i get back to the states in a few months. man i didnt even notice till the second page what a kickas$ system you have in that thing. man that is nice, i want to end up with something like that when i am done. i like the neons alot too. well man i will catch ya later.

thanks, ya, overall I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I'm kinda considering getting larger rims tho, the 15s look nice, but its just.. so impractical around here to have large rims. I want a pair of weld evo axis 5s like these:

Weld+EvoAxis+5.JPG

those do look pretty nice. anything else you plan on doing with your X besides wheels?

well, I'll be lucky to afford that lol, actually, very lucky, I'm not realistically looking at getting some 20s unfortunatley. As much as I'd love to.. I dont think I'll have $4500 free to blow on anything for a loooong time. but I suppose if anything else I would like to do is some HP mods.. my car takes 15 sec to get to 60 and it really drives me nuts.. a supercharger seems to be out of the question.. from what I've been told.. I have too many miles for one.

oh well, so much for those ideas :(

Yeah Rocket, i'm at Fort Knox, about 10 minutes from Shively, you gotta e-mail or PM me when yall head back up this way also.

Yeah unfortunately i have the OHV but its enough to get theses 33's rollin around town rather quickly

yeha either i could come up there or you down there to hang out. either way it would be cool to meet a fellow explorer lover. you know that cruisin the coast car show that goes on each i think october? well i plan on entering into it this next year with this. see what i can do. i need to do a few more mods and stuff to the engine and to the exterior but that should not take to long. well man i will talk to you later. bye.

not this coming october but the next one. i wish i had it done by this october that would be soo cool.

Nice. Very clean.

Thanks Saleen.

Hey Rocket,

Your ride is beginning to come along real nice, with that supercharger that you got, it think it will be Awesome! Just need to get the 5.0 for mine and then i can start thinking of supercharging, if your putting out 300 hp that would be sweet!

Once it is installed 300 rear wheel horsepower should be no problem. But i will have close to 365-370 horsepower on the engine. Thanks. Yeah once the charger actually get in the engine bay instead of me staring at it every night before i go to bed it will make a huge difference.

Hey Rocket 5979, that is a Very Sweet lookin Eexplorer just like Saleenxp8 said very clean.
Good Luck w/it
Tom

for whatever reason, ive never made a comment in this thread.:confused: you know i think its bad@ss, right? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey thanks Tommy, James and Saleen. Yeah come to think of it James i dont remember you ever commenting on my explorers looks. bout time!!! :p j/k Oh by the way SaleenXP8 that is one heck of an explorer you got there too. I saw your thread on some other part of this forum today and i saw that first picture with what looked like it was moving at the time from what i could see of the rims. Very nice truck. One thing i got to say is that though i love my 20's and they look really good i think. Sometimes i yearn for the sportier look of some nice lookin 17's. Hey James whenever you want to get rid of those Bullit rims ya give me a holler(yeah right he just got those bad boys, he would never give to me. lol) Man i see soooo many great looking explorers on here. If i had enough money i think i would try to buy every one of em. `Sometimes i actually think about what it would be like to have an even up trade. Hey saleenXP8 i will trade ya my explorer with my rims and DVD player sub box and all my mods so far for your xp8. Of course the charger and the other engine stuff will have to stay with me. Hehe. Price brand new in 2000 was $32,000 and with the rims DVD and alarm and sound system it puts it a touch over $40000. :D Come on. lol. Man it would be very nice to build a Saleen for a racer like a few of us on here are doing. Hehe. Well take it easy. Hey Tommy got any pics of your ride so far?

Back