Picture of lightning question. | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Picture of lightning question.

trucku

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Queens, New York and living in Budd Lake, NJ now.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLS 4.0 4x4
I am using a Fujifilm Finepix 5200

This is New Yorks lightning storm last night. It was insane. Its very unusual to have the skies light up the way they did like that for hours and hours .

I had the camera set to natural light and I know the pictures are blurry. My questions is how did I get what looks like 4 mirrored lines on the lightning shots yet the other parts look normal with single streams ending the bolts.

They were taken out of my window. To the left is a light post and the right side of the brick building.

0028.jpg

0025.jpg

Is it just me moving camera? If so why isn't the total picture have that smudged effect?

dman726749

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
yep its camera shake...look at the buildng on the bottom pic...2 images of it too...its just more pronounced in the lightening because its the brightest part of the image...