Pictures of roof rack light wiring? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Pictures of roof rack light wiring?

I know there are countless ways to run light wires down from an aftermarket roof (safari) rack, but was wondering if anyone had some good pictures of how they did it. I have read some of the threads. I have a '98 Sport and haven't seen a good route yet. Drilling a hole in the roof is definitely out. Possibly down to the door and following the weather stripping. Then through the small access to the engine compartment near the upper door hinge. I used that access when wiring two lights on a Westin Safari bar. I would definitely appreciate any suggestions on the wiring. Pictures would be great, but any suggestions would be appreciated. Help me out and I will fire up the digital camera when I am done. I'll do that anyway. Thanks.

<

ExplorerEB96

Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hill Florida (Weeki Wachee) from Bucks County PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 EB-gone 13 Honda Pilot
will do

as soon as i get a moment.... I have to move the lights to a higher amp breaker anyway so I will take pics as I do so probably be sometime this weekend

karol

<

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Interceptor
Look here......

....... if you're saying that there is no way to go through the roof........ I went through the roof and really can take these lights and wiring down any time and nobody will even see where I had them going through. Hole is hiding under the factory rack's track.
here's the pic:

Dead Link Removed

let me know if more pictures are necessary.

Lata

Now this should work....... at least for now untill I find a permanent place on the net for the write-ups

<

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
Dre...I tried to add a link. The pic, nor the link will work. Try again.

<

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Interceptor
stupid geocities........... I'll see if I can upload the entire thing to our NOIEC site..........

will let everyone know.

in the meantime check
:
Dead Link Removed

stupid link worked when I posted it....

Lata

<