pictures of your 2011-12 black explorer w / upgrades | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pictures of your 2011-12 black explorer w / upgrades

here is mine my so called "BLACK EDITION EXPLORER" 2013 almost done...My baby...;) waiting for 2 more items and ill be posting pics...:)

Attachments

• DSC_6477.jpg
    DSC_6477.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 5,587

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here is mine my so called "BLACK EDITION EXPLORER" 2013 almost done...My baby...;) waiting for 2 more items and ill be posting pics...:)

Again, you win! VERY NICE. To think you started from scratch! I love the hood idea but I'm a chicken chit.

bodybump, looking at the above picture, it looks like you decided to paint the chrome strips on the grill and changed the color of the pinstripe to black. Is that what you did, or am I seeing things, lol :)

The all black is looking really sharp!

Again, you win! VERY NICE. To think you started from scratch! I love the hood idea but I'm a chicken chit.

LOL Thank you..dont be affraid there are a lot of things you can do temporary...the hood is carbon fiber wrapped...you can remove it anytime..its like a sticker...everything you see are nothing to be affraid off...lol

bodybump, looking at the above picture, it looks like you decided to paint the chrome strips on the grill and changed the color of the pinstripe to black. Is that what you did, or am I seeing things, lol :)

The all black is looking really sharp!

Vince you have a good eye..yes i did change the pin stripes to all black and decided to peel off the plasti dip..and have it painted all black...they came out really good...Today i replaced my exhaust tips to 4 inch bigger...ill be posting some pics..waiting for my shark antenna and emblems...and trying to do this project LED halo on my headlights...finger cross LOL

Attachments

• DSC_6454.jpg
    DSC_6454.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,683
  • DSC_6462.jpg
    DSC_6462.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,644
  • DSC_6477.jpg
    DSC_6477.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 3,700

Hey bodybump, I have a pretty lame question. License plate front holes. I see you have plugs. I want plugs. Where? Dealer? Thanks man!

Looking really nice! I do like that black pin stripe better.

Hey bodybump, I have a pretty lame question. License plate front holes. I see you have plugs. I want plugs. Where? Dealer? Thanks man!

Hey willy...i got them from a auto shop...you can buy them in homedepot..or you can pass by in your local auto shop and you can ask they will give it to you for free...

Looking really nice! I do like that black pin stripe better.

Thanks buddy..i think it blends well too...:thumbsup:

Okay, so I'm not totally nuts :D

Your car is looking amazing, you are doing an awesome job. It's cool to know that you will have the only Explorer that looks that way. Nifty!

One last question... do you have the hood applique edged by a silver line? Looks like it is, and I think that it looks really cool.

Congratulations on a fine automobile :thumbsup:

Keep us posted on future updates, please :)

thanks Vince..trying to separate from the crowd hehehehe...on the hood it was all carbon fiber...but then remember i have the silver pin stripes? i took the smallest part and lined them with the carbon fiber...looks reall cool..so it stays for the mean time...this are cheap mods only expensive part is the wheels...and maybe OEM cross bars and step board...but other than that its all basically cheap...ill be posting a new thread when everything is in place...:thumbsup:

Okay, so I'm not totally nuts :D

Your car is looking amazing, you are doing an awesome job. It's cool to know that you will have the only Explorer that looks that way. Nifty!

One last question... do you have the hood applique edged by a silver line? Looks like it is, and I think that it looks really cool.

Congratulations on a fine automobile :thumbsup:

Keep us posted on future updates, please :)

Heres mine... two tone EX, HID conversion, dee zee running boards, shark finn, magnaflow catback, and K&N intake

20120525_104549.jpg

20120525_144036.jpg

20120525_104604.jpg

20120804_174803.jpg

Question to bodybump and Razziel: Are the Dee Zee boards designed to be installed closer to the front as seen from the Photos or can it be installed centered to the front and rear doors? From Razziel's photo, the Dee Zee NXC boards seem to be shorter and leaves a gap at the back end.

Yes, they can be centered, and actually after this happened....

20120801_235856.jpg

I moved them towards the back of the car...

Thanks Razziel! Just want to make sure coz like you I'm not from the States and I would like to make sure I address my concerns before I order them to be delivered to my freight forwarder.

Sweet sho emblem on tha gate also .. I've had my emblems sitting on the kitchen counter for too long .. I better go put it on..

Here ya go:

6000K HID headlights/fogs
plasti dip rims/rear chrome pieces/lettering
20% tint
853248_10100908093495321_2076109143_o_zpscae005f4.jpg

729483_10100908093600111_1797872169_o_zps8e7aa7a0.jpg

IMG_0139_zps58531a67.jpg

IMG_0138_zpscbbf8a04.jpg
IMG_0136_zps47454b9e.jpg

IMG_0129_zps1ea7b371.jpg

Back