Pictures: Wife borrowed the Explorer | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pictures: Wife borrowed the Explorer

So, the wife's truck was in the shop for hail damage. I was being a good husband and let her drive the Explorer while I drove the compact car. She ran into a Flex just days before she got her truck back. Looks like another two weeks of small car.

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow. Thats insane. Glad to see you got it back though. I feel like that shop over charged..1200 in paint for a bumper? Thats alot of money. Why were they replacing the seat belt assembly? With those prices they were probably all ford parts, not aftermarket, which would be a nice plus.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was the Ford dealership's body shop. Closer inspection reviled some oversights. I guess the wife had a soft drink that morning. There was dried surgery syrup everywhere. In fact some of my buttons were welded shut with syrup. I had to use rubbing alcohol to open them up. Also, they omitted my "Ford" badge in the pin striping. That should be an easy fix as well.

Ah, thats good you got to have it done at the dealer, so they are hopefully all quality OEM parts.

If I sustained that damage on Uma, my insurance co. would write her off (not alot of parts down here and the ones that are available are stupidly expensive. ie wing mirror and a tail light $500 each) Glad she's back to being brand new mate!

YIKES-based on the pics only that seems incredibly insane. Especially this one: "Misc Sub-Contractor labor $1,326.25"

But how did it come out? Thats the important part, paint match, fit n finish etc?

YIKES-based on the pics only that seems incredibly insane. Especially this one: "Misc Sub-Contractor labor $1,326.25"

But how did it come out? Thats the important part, paint match, fit n finish etc?

Well, that was me being lazy. That included air bag installation, PDR (I highly doubt they used this), and some other things that the body shop subbed out.

Those prices are crazy! But, that's why they're caller stealerships and not dealerships.
I think I'm going to get into Automotive Collision Repair.

Defiantly money in it.

Good Lord !!! I just read this thread and am shocked at the cost of that repair. Now I know the circumstances, vehicles and repair methods are different but this little 18th anniversary present my wife presented me with on the 11th is costing about $200 to repair. Sign post at Walmart sustained only minor paint damage!!!
Certifit fender $60.00
Used bumper cover from my parts truck $0
Paint (we sell PPG @ work) $0
Body shop to paint fender and bumper cover $130
My labor to install parts $0
I imagine a body shop estimate for insurance would have been $1200-$1500.

Accident repairs have just gone outta sight ! ! !

110811.jpg

Moral of these stories............. don't let your wife drive your Explorer ! !

Back