Pictures | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pictures

OK new 265/75/16 mud terrains. Much better fit for my truck with current lift. I still have the rear lift springs to put on to level it back out. And my 285/75/16 primewell all-terrains are for sale at a pretty good price. PM if interested. Otherwise they will go on ebay real soon! By the way they are like new, less than 2k on them, no damage at all ofcourse.

muds2.jpg

muds.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great man!!

I still think your ex is one of the best looking 3rd gens, it just keeps getting better. What tires are those?

I still think your ex is one of the best looking 3rd gens, it just keeps getting better. What tires are those?

Thanks alot man, They are called electra ironman mudterrains. They are on ebay right now by a place called danieltire. 420 plus shipping.
Got more nightshades coming so I can black the whole thing out. I'll post that when its done.

Thanks alot man, They are called electra ironman mudterrains. They are on ebay right now by a place called danieltire. 420 plus shipping.
Got more nightshades coming so I can black the whole thing out. I'll post that when its done.

Just as long as you don't go completely black with the taillights...

Your vehicle looks great! I think the fit of the new tires is better... (what are nightshades?)

jutgin if you don't mind do you think we could get a pic from the side showing all of your ex...

i still can't decide if i wanna cram 285's or go with 265's so i wanna see what an agressive 265 looks like from the side..
and if i go 265's these kinda grabbed my attention
Kumho:)

jutgin if you don't mind do you think we could get a pic from the side showing all of your ex...

i still can't decide if i wanna cram 285's or go with 265's so i wanna see what an agressive 265 looks like from the side..
and if i go 265's these kinda grabbed my attention
Kumho:)

Yup no problem. I looked up the tire sizes for you also.
255/75/16 = 31.05x10.03
265/75/16= 31.64x10.43
285/75/16= 32.83x11.22

Just my opinion here, I saw pics of your truck with the body lift and you have plenty of room to go up to the 285's. The next size up for you is the 265's. Those are .59" taller than what you have.....that's a HALF INCH.
I think you would regret not filling those fender wells up more than that. If I had the BL I would have kept my 285's on without question.

265's
newtires001.jpg

285's
frontsprings001.jpg

Representing Metallic Estate Green WELL... New MT tread design looks even better.

Still have me thinking hard about painting my rims...

Yup no problem. I looked up the tire sizes for you also.
255/75/16 = 31.05x10.03
265/75/16= 31.64x10.43
285/75/16= 32.83x11.22

Just my opinion here, I saw pics of your truck with the body lift and you have plenty of room to go up to the 285's. The next size up for you is the 265's. Those are .59" taller than what you have.....that's a HALF INCH.
I think you would regret not filling those fender wells up more than that. If I had the BL I would have kept my 285's on without question.

265's
newtires001.jpg

285's
frontsprings001.jpg

well i actually just realized they're 255/70's on right now but yeah i think i'm still gonna go with 285's/33's

The 255/70/16= 30.05x10.03
I think the 285 is what would fit better for you. Some shops might mount one each for you and give an idea of how they fit before you buy.
How long did it take you to do your BL?

well it took me about 12 hours split into 2 days...but thats because i took everything apart the day before my lift came so it would be ready to go as soon as my lift got delivered

Ok so I'm pissed, went off road today and got the rear end stuck on a rock, all the way stuck. Had to get the come-along out and the chain. Makes me wonder if I had the 33's still on there if I would have gotten stuck. Roadbully if you are reading this what do you think it would take to get 35's under it? I'm about ready to start cutting the fenders. Take bumpers off and cut the fenders as much as need. And LOCK the rear if not the front as well.
Anyways here's a few pics....
offroad002.jpg

offroad007.jpg

offroad010.jpg

offroad012.jpg

And a deer in velvet for fun....
offroad035.jpg

Anyone else have pics off road lets see them...

Looks fun. I'm liking the flex shot in the second picture.

Sorry, no pictures of mine off road. I have gone out a few times (only getting out on some gravel roads and a touch of snow where I needed to turn around), but nothing like that as I have the stock suspension and tire size.

Do you know what differential is in the rear of these to be able to lock or at least LS these rigs?

I've heard its the ford 8.8 but I havent looked it up yet

You think the tire had something to do with your getting stuck? Maybe you could request a Photoshop too with cuts...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You think the tire had something to do with your getting stuck? Maybe you could request a Photoshop too with cuts...

I high centered on a rock so yes a taller tire could have prevented that. Bigger tires equals more ground clearance. I'm really considering cutting fenders to fit 35's when I do the body lift. When I try the 35's on at a tire shop after the body lift I will know if it's something that is reasonable. If it is I will cut away!! I have a friend with a plasma cutter, so nice straight lines, cover it up later with fender flares.
Donner , how did it go with you taking off the plastic? How did you cover up the holes? Any pics you can share with us?

Back