Pine Barrens/South Jersey run - Mid/late November | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pine Barrens/South Jersey run - Mid/late November

Most of the offroading i've done in the pines was with a set of 32x11.50 ATs and i'd go through stuff where you couldn't see the tires :thumbsup:

As for time.... i'll get back to you on that tonight. I'll try to figure out the meeting place and everything too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok guys here's the deal. Where meeting at the ranger station that's on Route 206, across from Atsion Road. If you're looking at a map (like mapquest), there's a road that intersects Route 206. On the west side it is called Atsion and on the East side it is called Quaker Bridge Road . The Ranger station is on the East side of 206, a couple hundred feet north of Atsion road

If you go to mapquest.com and look at the map for Atsion Road in Atsion, NJ it will actually zoom directly into the intersection/area we're meeting.

Try to be there between 9 and 9:30

If anyone is positive they're going, PM me your name, truck, and phone number before 8:00 tomorrow morning. Ill start calling everyone as soon as im there.

Also, it's good to have a CB. If you do and you're around the area, tune into channel 23.

No go for me, will have to do it another time man.

Pictures? "Return from" thread?

not as many pics as i usually get... but i like the 2 videos :D

Here's some pics and vids:

Wharton005.jpg

Wharton002.jpg

100_1685.jpg

Wharton008.jpg

Wharton009.jpg

Wharton010.jpg

Not as many pics as i usually get... but we were busy driving most of the time....

Here's 2 cool videos. This bronco's 4wd wasnt working so he got stuck and needed a quick tow out. I finally decided to give the mud pit a try... figured i would get stuck but my truck pulled through quite easily- i'm very impressed with the Toyo ATs performance!

Awesome stuff. My favorite is the dog making a break for the mud pit at the end of the Bronco tug, hahaha.

I'll be down next time, looks like a blast. Your truck looked awesome going through the pit. :thumbsup:

Paraphoe -- you mud freak, looks like you missed out on the mud :p:

I did. I hate school. :(

oh yea there was tons of mud to play around in, it was great!

one thing sucked though, there were too many jeeps (relatively stock) with old guys that didn't want to get their jeeps dirty. All they wanted to do was drive around on access roads all day :thumbdwn::rolleyes:

anyways, we passed up a bunch of good mud holes and they started going down these easy trails but with a lot of brush that their jeeps could fit through... but not my truck. So i ended up leaving, and since no one that I invited came I just went home instead of going back to the fun area :(

oh yea, the dog was playing around IN the mud eventually... it got covered!

We'll get em next time man. Hopefully a few more mud-ready guys will come.

id be down to see what my stocker 04 X can do in some mud..

looked like a fun run... I'm down for the next one

Bump. I finally got my exhaust fixed. Anyone interested in a Pine Barrens run in the coming weeks?

Bump.

I think I'd be down for that. Now that I have some time off from work available again... Though I would prefer to not use it if I don't have to.. But I am available, and I am off Sundays but can take a Saturday..

Dan

How about the weekend of the 1st/2nd/3rd? I would prefer to do it that Friday, the 1st. It would work out perfectly for me. Can you swing Friday, or it has to be a Saturday or Sunday thing?

I could do a Friday, its not that far of a hike for me. So yeah, I think Friday would work out, there would probably be less people there as well.

Dan

Yea, true. I think I'll start a separate thread with a vote tonight or something to try to drum up some interest. Maybe shoot some PMs to guys who went on/expressed interest in the last run.

Sounds good. I want to hit some mud, Rausch Creek was a little disappointing in that respect. Rocks are cool, but not when I don't have the suspension to handle them.

Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back