Pioneer avic-n2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pioneer avic-n2

mechanic021

Reaction score
Hey guys what do you all think of the pioneer avic n2? I have a chance to get one with a good deal so I was just wanting some input. thank for your time.

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

waste of money for what i would use it for, IMO. if you plan on not being able to watch movies while you drive than its great. the navigation system seems to be good. i havent heard many bad things about it except for the fact that its nearly impossible to bypass the sensors on it to make the screen play while in motion.

I read some articles about people being able to bypass it but of course no one says how they did it. I would love to have a avic n1 but where I can get the n2 they discontinued them. Basically this is a one time deal I own a transmission shop and a guy who owns a stereo shop needs his trans rebuilt so we might decide on a trade he gets his transmission rebuit and I get the n2.

it sounds like a good deal. you may get the better end even. ive read the same threads probably. in one forum a guy explained how he did it, but it invovled like 5 switches or something like that. its difficult, but it may be worth it. you could even sell it if you wanted to and make a good profit on it. its your call what you want to do.

well I was reading on a ford F150 forum about it and a guy said he took the beckup camera input and hooked it up to the video output or something like that and tricked the unit. Actualy we will both come out even because I can rebuid his transmission for alittle more than what he can buy the avic n2 from as a pioneer dealer.The good part is most of the parts needs for his transmission I have in stock so Im gonna have less than 200 in parts out of my pocket and some labor which works out good in my book lol

hmm, id say go for it then. if you can actually trick it then its more than worth the money.

well its all settled we are making the deal. All said and done if I went in off the street to buy the n2 off of him I would have payed 1600 for it. So it will be written up as a 1600 dollar trans rebuid paid for by 1600 worth of merchandise now lets hope my dad ( owner number 1) wont get to mad about it lol

cool cool. sounds like a fair trade to me. let meknow how the install goes. check caraudioforum.com for how to bypass it. im pretty sure its on there if you do a search.

I probably wont get around to installing it till tomorrow or so but I will let you know how it went.

mmm well like with all other dvd units. you just ground a wire. it's kinda common sense if you think about it. normally it hooks up to the ebrake so when you apply it (causes groudning) if you just directly ground it your set

I was setting here reading the directions and it tells me to hook up the e brake wire to the power supply side of the e brake.

Then you just have to wire it to and ignition 12v or constant 12v right?

the avic-2 is a little more complicated than that. it has a gyro sensor on it and you have to bypass that in order to make it work. its not as simple as all the others.

here are some links to other links:

link one
link two

also try searching ################# for info on how to bypass.

ok guys I ran into a snag on the install. I hoked the parking brake wire up to my parking brake like I am supposed to but everytime the system loads up it says it detected the E brake cable was hooked up wrong. In the directions it tells me to hook up the ebrake wire to the powered side of my e brake switch . Well on my 1997 dodge ram I onyl have one wire going to the brake switch . Any body have any ideas? ALso on another note I found out that my remote for my 7 year old pioneer radio will work with this new unit which is an added bonus since the n2 doesnt come with a remote.

Mike

The N2 should come with a remote. I believe my dads did.

Did you try using a test light on the wire from the e-brake to see if it is 12volt or just a ground?

I assumed it was the power lead cause when you set the parking brake pedal alittle metal tab deal slides down and makes contact with the plate the wire hooks to and grounds it out.

you guys need to listen to me. if youre trying to bypass the parking brake detection system its more complicated than just grounding a wire or wires. it has a gyro sensor that senses when the vehicle is in motion. it takes a series of switches and knowledge to bypass it. this unit is "designed" to prevent the user from using the DVD feature while in motion (above 4-5 mph). search around in other forums before you get to frustrated: www.caraudioforum.com if the page that comes up says the server is busy, wait a little bit and keep trying. trust me, this is more difficult to bypass than any other system out there.

Never assume, it makes an ass out of u and me. Test it with a test light to bu sure. See if it's just 12v constant or what...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back