Pioneer faceplate | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pioneer faceplate

Steved

Reaction score
I have a Pioneer DEH-3400. When I hit a substantial bump, which in an X doesn't take much, the CD/receiver turns off. Usually comes back in a second or two but sometimes I have to remove the fold down faceplate and re-attach it. I don't lose presets or time.
Anyone else have problems with this type faceplate on Pioneers?
They want me to ship it in for repair. I think it's a design flaw. Time will tell.

yes, i have had/am having the same problem, i was thinking about taking out the player itself and putting something to "cushion" it-to keep it from moving inside the dash/console. I actually think i will try this, this weekend i can let you know how it goes, i think it should work. The player just needs to be more secure to resist vibration, which causes my cd's to skip......

You are exactly right -- it is the face plate. I think that it is a design flaw with all DEH-xxxx models that flip-down. The assembly wears after a while, and the faceplate doesn't fit snug anymore. And if you look at the connection on the back, the tolerances are fairly tight.

If Pioneer is willing to repair it for you then go for it. I learned to deal with mine.

My freind has got the 9874 or something like that and it skipps alot i dunno if its just the cd playa or what my friends bought a new face plate and his is fine so i dunno

Back