Pioneer system in my ST | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Pioneer system in my ST

House97

Reaction score
City, State
St.Louis Mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 SportTrac
I have the single disc Pioneer cd player in our 01 ST..I know Ive seen a 6 disc headunit in a friends ranger, will this headunit work in my ST?

I have the sub/amp in the ST and didnt know if this would work for me..Figured someone on here would know and I think i can find one on Ebay if so, would just like to have the 6 disc..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
i have the 6 disc sitting at my parents house in iowa, took it out of my 03 sport about a week after i got it. if you were really interested i could look into it. i'm sure it would work in your ST, but the wires from the harness might need to be spliced or something because if i remember correctly i had to cut the wires to remove it. not a biggie though would be an easy fix. mine had the sub and all that as well.........

House97

Reaction score
City, State
St.Louis Mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 SportTrac
please let me know, appreciate it..Im sure I can find something about the wirnig..Found several on Ebay but wasnt sure which ones would work..

Flounder

Owns 10,000 Marbles
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 F-150 FX4
Some of the 6CD changers do not have a sub port--for those models that did not have the premium (amp/sub) audio.

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
i'll have my mom take a pic of it and the back of it an email it to me... i can have you take a look-see and see what you think.