Pipe bender recommendations | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pipe bender recommendations

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know this is an old thread and this may come outta left field but in all of this discussion, no one has mentioned...

PIPE IS FOR PLUMBING...TUBING IS FOR CAGES

That big ugly orange thing a few posts back is a pipe bender... the pro-tools and JD's are tubing benders...big difference. :thumbsup:

I know this is an old thread and this may come outta left field but in all of this discussion, no one has mentioned...

PIPE IS FOR PLUMBING...TUBING IS FOR CAGES

That big ugly orange thing a few posts back is a pipe bender... the pro-tools and JD's are tubing benders...big difference. :thumbsup:
So i guess all the DOM pipe we use at work inside a multi-billion dollar factory for structural stuff is wrong huh? :p:

"Pipe" and "tube" are mearly nomenclature and say nothing about the type of material you have other than its method of sizing system.

I know where you're going with this... I've seen guys build stuff with 2 7/8" drill stem and seen it crack or shatter with a hard lateral impact. The right pipe may do the trick, just most guys buying pipe to save bills are going to Home Depot and buying really weak structural stuff. There is tough pipe, probably cheaper than DOM tubing, but you gotta know what you're buying. It was mearly an observation, but you're point is taken. :)

Haha, no problem i had a point but i was joking around a bit too. :D

Yes, the Lowe's/Home Depot stuff is furnace welded bottom of the barrel stuff and IMHO should only be used on bumpers, sliders, etc. etc. Personally i wouldnt use it at all as from what ive seen its the same price as what my steel supplier sells which is always either USA or Canadian made A53b hrew.

Back