Pirate4x4 has a challenge for us - raise money to help keep Colorado trails open | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pirate4x4 has a challenge for us - raise money to help keep Colorado trails open

mrboyle

I Drive By Brail
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Montrose, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Bronco '80 Toy
This is a crosspost from Colorado4x4.org lets see if we can help them out.

Originally posted by YJgirl on Colorado4x4.com-

So Camo and I were bantering back and forth the other day regarding all the donations Pirate4x4.com generated for Blue Ribbon Coalition. I was impressed; not only were Lance and Camo supportive of the effort, they led the charge and raised $20,000 in 3 weeks for BRC towards the Eldorado NF DEIS response.

One thing led to another during the conversation and at the end of the conversation came a bet. Camo bet me that I could not raise $20,000 for COHVCO by Dec 31, 2007 to help keep trails open in Colorado; COHVCO is Colorado specific and closest to our land use issues. If I lose, I get nothing, and I'm sure he will rub it in my face forever, but at least COHVCO will get donations to keep trails open in Colorado - which is the point of the bet. HOWEVER if I win, Stay The Trail /COHVCO get 3 months banner ad space on Pirate for free in order to help grow COHVCO memberships and Stay The Trail awareness.

So here's the deal, I need everyone's help to beat the Pirate4x4.com challenge. Give your soda pop money, Starbucks money, beer money, lunch money for one day to COHVCO to help the cause - HELP KEEP TRAILS OPEN IN COLORADO! If I did the math correctly, it only takes $5/person on this board alone to beat the $20,000 goal.
How to donate to help keep trails open in Colorado via COHVCO:
Option 1:
go to the COHVCO donation website: https://cohvco.org/members/user/donate.php

Option 2:
via PayPal:
Donate $2, $3, $5, $10, $25 or more to COHVCO via PayPal, and here is how:
1. Go to www.paypal.com
2. Click on the "Send Money" tab
3. In the box at the top right where it says "send money to" type, or copy/paste the email: donations@cohvco.org
4. In the from box insert your email so you can receive a confirmation of the donation
5. Enter the amount you want to donate
6. In the "for" section, leave the default selected as "services/other"
7. Click "continue"
From this point it will ask you how you would like to make your donation (via another PayPal account or credit card). Please fill out all applicable information and hit submit.
Ta Da! You just made a donation to COHVCO to help keep OHV trails open in Colorado!

Tiffany and Big Dave are posting this on Ilovejeeps.com and mallcrawlin.com respectively. It has been posted on NCTRtalk.org. Please feel free to cross post this message on any other bulletin boards, just remember to delete it once the challenge is over.

As of 10/23/07: Amount already raised $10,672.50 since the bet started on 10/10/07 Only $9,327.50 to go!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have a link that describes the potential threat?

There is currently no specific trail under threat immediate closure, but COHVC and Stay The Trail are the voice of the OHV community in Colorado. Both are non-profit ventures and will only survive if we are willing to help.

http://www.staythetrail.org/
http://cohvco.org/

The only problem I have heard of lately is the Colorado is turning 4x4 trails to ATV trails. restricting width. It is happening around the Steamboat area trails. I can see it happening, letting the a$$hat atvs riders take over the 4x4 trails.

But then again the tree huggers would push for closing down the trails to motorized vehicles.

Tim

Chalk up one more person donating to the effort. Colorado has way too much to offer to let these bafoons close down our beautiful trails!! And it's the idoits who drive wherever they want and trash the place that's ruining it for everybody else who plays by the rules.

As of 11/21/07: Amount already raised $15,287.50 since the bet started on 10/10/07 Only $4,712.50 to go!

Come on Colorado were almost there!

Any businesses supporting the cause?

Any donors like that?

Well we pulled it off! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Grand Total as of 12/13/07:
$20,148.55!!!!

Back