Pirelli Scorpion Zero Tires - "PNCS" | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pirelli Scorpion Zero Tires - "PNCS"

Hello all, just joined so I could post here my experience with these POS PNCS tires. Mounted them and less then a month later we had a cold snap and the tires became unbalanced, figured at first snow or ice build up, but no. Then I thought maybe I lost a stick on weight, but the odd thing was they wouldnt hold a balance .. on the balancer! lol never had that before. So google to the rescue and I found this thread, so I unmounted my tire. EVERY SINGLE piece of foam was dislodged perfectly. The glue completely broke down, on ALL four tires! There isnt a rip or tear in the foam. This is a SERIOUS design flaw that pirelli refuses to acknowledge. I've emailed them these photos and their response "contact the dealer for warranty concerns" they couldnt care less their tires are failing. Not just a little bit, complete failure. The glue lost its bond so effectively all I did was pull the chunks out (they were ALL loose, so pretty easy) and remount and rebalance.

421493292_1097515361397063_2146878718301656933_n.jpg
420535122_412906771285572_3177494012755306960_n.jpg
426758640_888096109731193_5999198798632987807_n.jpg

Hello all, just joined so I could post here my experience with these POS PNCS tires. Mounted them and less then a month later we had a cold snap and the tires became unbalanced, figured at first snow or ice build up, but no. Then I thought maybe I lost a stick on weight, but the odd thing was they wouldnt hold a balance .. on the balancer! lol never had that before. So google to the rescue and I found this thread, so I unmounted my tire. EVERY SINGLE piece of foam was dislodged perfectly. The glue completely broke down, on ALL four tires! There isnt a rip or tear in the foam. This is a SERIOUS design flaw that pirelli refuses to acknowledge. I've emailed them these photos and their response "contact the dealer for warranty concerns" they couldnt care less their tires are failing. Not just a little bit, complete failure. The glue lost its bond so effectively all I did was pull the chunks out (they were ALL loose, so pretty easy) and remount and rebalance.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Wow, what a mess. Thanks for posting the pics. Had never seen that before. Have you talked to the dealer?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Wow, what a mess. Thanks for posting the pics. Had never seen that before. Have you talked to the dealer?

Peter
No I haven’t had a chance yet. I emailed pirelli while I was at work. They haven’t responded since the original “not our problem” response they sent. Was really shocked at that response. I never even mentioned asking for replacement, I just wanted to bring it to their attention

Back