Pitman arm replacement stock height | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pitman arm replacement stock height

If you need a stock pitman, I’d be happy to see you one for less than the parts store price. Pretty sure I’ve got a stock and 4” drop on the shelf.
I might be interested in the 4” drop one. Can you message me a pic and a price if you still have it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might be interested in the 4” drop one. Can you message me a pic and a price if you still have it?
Sure thing. I’ll do it after the kids go to be tonight.

I hate pulling pitman arms on these. I understand your pain. Since the seal is shot anyhow, why not just put a little heat on the arm? You don't have to cherry it, but it might loosen it just enough to get it off. The splines on the steering shaft taper just a bit, so once it starts, it should move pretty easily. If you do get it red hot, I'd not use it again out of consideration for safety.
When i replaced my steering box I pulled with the pitman arm on and just got the nut loose so I could use the puller on the ground with somebody holding the box or use a impact on it when you get it pulled out.

I’ve been dealing with the same problem. Pulled the box to replace and been trying to get the arm off. Broke one puller and my son brought it to work and broke another one. And that one was designed to be used on semi trucks!! Going to try heat today with a press. Have not been able to find another arm anywhere. My son says he checked and is no longer being produced. Even when advanced auto website shows one during search , when you go through the process it says no dice. Rock auto doesn’t show one either.

If you need a stock pitman, I’d be happy to see you one for less than the parts store price. Pretty sure I’ve got a stock and 4” drop on the shelf.
I also have a 93, and am looking for a stock pitman arm. I got frustrated trying to get my inner end off and left the scene. My buddies cut off the end on the fat end of the taper and the nut. So now I have no leverage and a rusty ass bolt stuck in the end of my pitman arm. It won't come off for anything. Advanced auto is out of stock. You wouldn't happen to still have a stock pitman arm I could get off ya? If so that would be banging!

I also have a 93, and am looking for a stock pitman arm. I got frustrated trying to get my inner end off and left the scene. My buddies cut off the end on the fat end of the taper and the nut. So now I have no leverage and a rusty ass bolt stuck in the end of my pitman arm. It won't come off for anything. Advanced auto is out of stock. You wouldn't happen to still have a stock pitman arm I could get off ya? If so that would be banging!
Sadly no. I’ve sold my pitman arm arsenal to other folks on this thread.

Good luck! They really are a ***** to get off.

Back