PIU Power Outlets/Cigarette Lighter Plugs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PIU Power Outlets/Cigarette Lighter Plugs?

yhdavid

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 PIU
Hi,

I just got this PIU a few days ago, and I can’t find a cigarette lighter for my dashcam…the USB works but I can’t find where the power is coming from. Do I have to do the wiring myself or is there a cigarette lighter plug inside that I just have to dig for?

Pics:

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's an aftermarket console. You'd need to wire up your own power points. The factory ones are low on the dash in the center and probably covered by that console. The big grey plug should have a tag to say what each wire does. I'd suggest hooking up using one of the fuse banks already there.

They're referred to as Power Points. ;)

Peter

That's an aftermarket console. You'd need to wire up your own power points. The factory ones are low on the dash in the center and probably covered by that console. The big grey plug should have a tag to say what each wire does. I'd suggest hooking up using one of the fuse banks already there.
I see, it shouldn’t be too hard a job though right?

I see, it shouldn’t be too hard a job though right?
As long as you have a basic knowledge of automotive electrical, should be simple.

Back