PIU With Rear door disable - also disabled the lift gate!? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PIU With Rear door disable - also disabled the lift gate!?

Negatory, Ready for The Road is specifically NOT available with the Admin Package (better known as Interior Upgrade Package). Interior Upgrade Package gives you essentially a civilian interior with a full console, carpet floor and floor mats, whereas ready for the road gives you a slew of emergency lights as well as a control unit.

Here's my 2017 Vermillion Red PIS with said admin package as well as my 2021 PIU also with admin package albeit NOT vermillion red lol.

View attachment 429207 View attachment 429208
Looks like mine!
Beautiful vehicle!

s-l1601.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That would have been my preferred color, but one wasn't available. Oh well, Carbonized Gray is dark enough.

I didn't have to worry about a console since mine has the Interior Upgrade Package (which was another one of my requirements).
Does yours have the civilian style center console for your FPIU ?

Really like the colour Dave. IF everything that is needed to allow for power liftgate operation is in place, you may be able to activate it with FORScan by changing some factory settings. There are members who are familiar with that programming system who may be able to assist. Here is a thread from the 2011 - 2019 PIU forum you can check out.

Peter
Does anyone have the drawing to install the tailgate latch assembly?

The tailgate latch assembly it's connected only via electric wires or also with a cable that we pull to open the tailgate?

Sorry for the silly question but my car it's in Florida for reparation and I can't get my eyes on it to check.

Does anyone have the drawing to install the tailgate latch assembly?

The tailgate latch assembly it's connected only via electric wires or also with a cable that we pull to open the tailgate?

Sorry for the silly question but my car it's in Florida for reparation and I can't get my eyes on it to check.
There is no pull cable, at least on the retail units and I've never heard it discussed.

Peter

There is no pull cable, at least on the retail units and I've never heard it discussed.

Peter
That's what I was wondering. I'll tell my friend to check better and give me more info about this cable he found.

Can you confirm me that in the PIU version, the tailgate it's released electronically? What if we run out of battery? Is the keysocket connected physically at the latch assembly?

Thanks for your input.

That's what I was wondering. I'll tell my friend to check better and give me more info about this cable he found.

Can you confirm me that in the PIU version, the tailgate it's released electronically? What if we run out of battery? Is the keysocket connected physically at the latch assembly?

Thanks for your input.
Yes the key will open it from the outside....

How were you guys able to purchase these cars new? Serious question.

Got my 2020 PIU which has the "ready for the road" package.....by Ford wisdom, this option includes the rear door hardware delete which I can live with but.......what's new to me is that it also has appeared to disable the rear hatch power switch so you can only open the hatch with the key......anyone know how hard that is to undo smartly? Nothing in the upfitters guide!

-Dave

View attachment 319139
Not sure that exact package I got, but I struggled with the rear hatch for a minute. I had to find the button in the overhead console and learn to remember to use the trunk button on the fob. Would also love to enable to rear hatch button without the need for the button or the fob.

Back