pivot arms look wrong

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
i have the 5.5 superlift and it looks like my radius drop brackets aren't dropped enough and is causing my pivot arms to look crooked.how much lower should the bracket drop it?i am getting a terrible clunk sound from the front and i know i need new bushing but even if i get new bushing it still looks like the drop brackets should be lower
2hia74j.jpg

311ti8n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Holy Big Pics Batman!!!

How is your caster angle? Is the truck wandering at all?

hah yea i know cant figure how to make them smaller!!haha can you see what im talkn about though jk!!i dont know how to check my caster.and it drives like a jacked up truck and every bushing is bad so i couldnt really tell!!

also from what Ive been able to find the superlift drop pitman arm is to short for the 5.5 and that i should use the skyjacker fa600 to get the geometry right. mine looks pretty extreme like it should be lower too!! god did the half ass this kit or what looks like i need to drop another $700 in radius arms and drop pitman arms to get everything to line up properly!!

...Try irfanview.com...It's free and easy to resize your pics to 640x480 so we can easily see them...;)

ha there i found out how i use tinypic but never saw the edit button

hey tbars4 any suggestions on what wrong

...What all was included in that kit, was it a new kit, and was it all installed by you???...Are you using stock radius arms???...And why didn't you replace the bushings while you had it apart???

...Also, I'm not sure what you are measuring in that pic..:scratch:..I think you need to measure from the center of bolt to center of bolt...;)

...I can't tell all that much from the angles of the pics...Does your kit look like this one???
attachment.php

yep but i have a sway bar, it was a new kit it had drop sway bar brackets,drop pitman, pivot drop brackets,drop radius brackets and soa,springs and brake lines and yea i installed it.yea im using stock radius arms and did just not the pivot ones they were good at the time but defiantly should have.i was just tryn to give an idea how much it was dropped.do they make radius arm drop brackets that drop any lower than the superlift or do i have to go to an after market radius arm?

On the radius arm drop bracket you measure from bolt hole to bolt hole not frame to bolt hole.
Can you post a pic from the front and side of the truck. Do you have alot of positive camber as it sits right now?

not really the tires look pretty straight I put some better pics up im the morning.I was just tryn to give u all an idea with the measurement ill measure hole to hole and post that too.I just looks like it should be like 2inchs lower for the pivot arms to be square in the front brackets.the springs are really bowed too like the lower seats are leaning causing the springs to bow ill post pic of that too

Hmm maybe they gave you the wrong brackets? Oh ok I was thinking if the camber was way positive then maybe the springs just need time to settle which would cause the axle to sit like that because as the beam drops it rotates.

yea this kit has been on there for years and I haven't been able to drive for almost two years and before that I was riding my motorcycle most days and just never had money to fix it.I think the brackets are for the 3.5 not the 5.5

see how much of an angle the steering bars are
23ifllv.jpg

radius drop brackets
rbi5iw.jpg

i would think this should be the same as the lift amount 5.5
2j4ofpj.jpg

driver side
fok3mb.jpg

pass side from under bad pic but it also twisted
6rkklv.jpg

and the springs bad pic but it like the bottom seat is not level like its leans forward
6ztx11.jpg

Just gonna throw this out there.... did you by chance remove the radius arms from the beams and mix them up side for side????

ha nope

Gotta give me credit for trying!

Might want to give superlift a call and see what type of radius arm drop brackets are supposed to come with the 5.5" kit.

yea that's the next step but just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem so I had so info when I do call

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back