Placement of fog lights.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Placement of fog lights..

I have a 1993 Ford Explorer Sport and I want to get fog lights for my truck but I can't figure out where they should be placed to look decent.

Does anyone have any pics of an Explorer 91-94 with fog lights on it, so I can see where they are placed?

Please respond.

Thanks
Quick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put my blue fogs in the holes in the bumper, on the outside of each, so they wont get stolen again. Other popular places are next to the liscense plate under the bumper.

I put mine on the inside of the two slots in the bumper. They are close together but still work. The only problem I had was fitting into the space. It might be easiest to take off the bumper to do it again.

I was thinking about fog/driving lamps on the front of my rig but I did not know what brand and size I should go for. This is for the holes in the bumper above the licence plate.

well you know, if you get like oh, lets say 8 sets of fog lights... then you can just put em wherever the heck you have room! LOL j/k... finding fog lights that fit in that hole in teh bumper (if your bumper is the same bumper as mine) would be pretty tight and you might have to weld some custom tabs... but some PIAA 1500XT's might fit, there real thin rectangular type.

Well some day I would not mind having 8 sets of lights but I might have to save up some of that green stuff everybody likes so much.

you'd be supprised how much room is in there matt. I was able to fit a cheap and bulky pair of Baja's into that space with little problem. I drilled a hole into the plastic cover on the bottom and was able to mount them to that. It's a tight enough fit that the bumper holds the in place too.

They ended up measuring 6" by 3" or so. The only problem I had was getting into the space, but like I said, if I had to do it again I'd take off the bumper. They are close together but still put out a nice amount of light. I was going to go with Piaa on this on, but I live in Vegas, how often do I drive on a road that's not full of lights anyways???

you live in Vegas and didn't offer me a place to say during SEMA? LOL, j/k. Oh wait, you were going to be out of town that week right? Ahh well...

I sent you a pm with an offer. Nobody took me up on any help at all. Heck I'll be out of town and the house will be free......just make sure that my explorer is lifted by the time I get back

LOL well I couldn't lift your Explorer while I was there, I'd be there trying to SAVE money, LOL. I thought in the PM you said you wanted to get together or something but was going to be gone during the show...

You don't know me very well at all do you.....as long as I'm home my door is open to anybody(sometimes if I'm not home it is too). If you want something help yourself, just don't ask me to get it for you. Most of all.....if somebody has a truck with lights that can melt you....offer him a bed.

btw....that's what my pm did say. :p

Back