Platinum | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Platinum

Okay. I was mistaken. The Magnetic Metallic and Ebony Black Nirvana leather combination is gorgeous. I made a deal for $1000 more than the other one with the Ceramic interior. I take delivery Monday. It still had all the plastic covers on it and various things like center caps not yet installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay. I was mistaken. The Magnetic Metallic and Ebony Black Nirvana leather combination is gorgeous. I made a deal for $1000 more than the other one with the Ceramic interior. I take delivery Monday. It still had all the plastic covers on it and various things like center caps not yet installed.

Please post lots of photos when you get it! I think there are quite a few that would love to see the Ebony Black Platinum interior!

Thanks!

It was a Platinum though?

Peter

Welcome back to the Forum Charles.:wavey:
The Ebony Black only became available lately (December) so finding an Explorer with that interior on a lot will not be easy since it takes 8-10+ weeks to have one built/delivered. That means any Platinums ordered with that interior likely won't show up until the end of February or early March. You could always order one if you are not in a rush. Final date for 2016 orders is March 4th.

Peter

With the right dealership, you can get them quicker. I can place an order and have it delivered in under 4 weeks through my contact. My truck was ordered, built and delivered in 22 days. A friend of mines was ordered, built and delivered in 18 days. It is not the norm.. need to know the right people but just saying it can be done much faster then 8-10 weeks.

Video is gone

I'll try to take some pictures of it this weekend.

The BIGGEST killer to a light colored car leather is dye transfer. From things like blue jeans, leather belts, and such. So, be cognizant of that. I actually think the cooled seats helps a little in this regard, less perspiration.

Wish I had read this earlier. I have some delightful blue dyed seats. Any suggestions on cleaning? I know I won't get them super clean, but to at least minimize it?

Back