play list problem on USB thumb drive | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

play list problem on USB thumb drive

russell bruesch

Reaction score
City, State
new buffalo michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 limited explorer
I am having problems with MFT recognizing playlist from Windows media player. I have songs and playlist downloaded to my USB thumb drive. MFT will only play and recognized the artist and songs on the drive. The screen shows the name of the playlists as being available but there are no songs in the playlist . It shows the playlist as being empty when you access it.

Cant figure it out why the playlists are shown but contain no songs?? Anyone have an answer for this or have had the same problem. The playlist are songs that are already on the USB stick just re-arranged into categories like oldies 1,2,3,4

Any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I play songs from USB thumb drive without a playlist. All the songs are in folders ( like 60's 70's are with artist names). The names of the artist and song does display on the bottom of the screen and also on the dash. I have problems if I want to play a artist because the sync system can not understand the name and if it does it only plays one song from that artist. What I do is say USB PLAY ALL or Random. If I get a song that I don't want I press the track button the wheel for the next song.

Sometimes the system tells me that the USB drive is not supported but it still plays the songs. I have over 1300 songs on the drive. I use a duplicate of this drive in my 2010
F 150 with no problems.

I think you have to create the playlist using the songs on the USB drive. In other words, don't just copy the playlist onto the USB drive -- create it by selecting songs on the USB drive.

I've experienced what you have by copying playlists and my research shows that what I said above is the solution. I haven't tried it yet myself though. It does make sense since the folder structure on the USB drive (from root down) will be different.

I am having problems with MFT recognizing playlist from Windows media player. I have songs and playlist downloaded to my USB thumb drive. MFT will only play and recognized the artist and songs on the drive. The screen shows the name of the playlists as being available but there are no songs in the playlist . It shows the playlist as being empty when you access it.

Cant figure it out why the playlists are shown but contain no songs?? Anyone have an answer for this or have had the same problem. The playlist are songs that are already on the USB stick just re-arranged into categories like oldies 1,2,3,4

Any help would be appreciated.

Try this:

1. Make sure the music is listed on the flash drive.
  2. Transfer the music from the flash drive to Windows Media player in the Media Library tab.
  3. Click on Playlists, and then Create New Playlist.
  4. Go back to the Media Library and Sort the music by the file name to show the file path starting with the Flash Drive Location (E.g…E:\Music\MyMusic\...).
  5. Select the songs that you would like to add to the playlist and drag and drop them, or right click them and send them to the correct playlist.
  6. Once the playlist is complete, click on File and then Save Playlist As.
  7. Click on My Computer, and then select the drive associated with the flash drive.
  8. Change the Save As Type to Any Playlist.
  9. Name the file and click on Save.

Let me know how it works out!

Rebecca

Hi, I had the same problem with my Ford Focus. There is a free utility by http://www.openviewdesign.com called SyncPlaylist that will do exactly what you want. It also works for other cars that don't have sync by creating an ordered playlist. Good Luck.

Back