Play MP3s off Thumbdrive in file order. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Play MP3s off Thumbdrive in file order.

IamJAd

Reaction score
City, State
So. Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Ford Explorer Limited
I have a long MP3 file (3 hours) that I have broken up into 10 minute segments. Each MP3 file is named in succession (ie: file01of10.mp3, file02of10.mp3, etc.).

I move all the files to my thumbdrive and inser it into the USB slot. However, for some reason, the files play out of order. No, shuffle is not on.

I tried it again and made sure to transfer each file to the thumbdrive in order just to make sure they got transferred in order. No improvement.

I'm running MFT 2.8.

SYNC Version
Gen2 - V2.8 BT4T-14D546-AM
BT4T-14F496-AP
BT4T-14F497-AM
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-AE
BT4T-14F603-AM

Suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try naming the files alphabetically. By that I mean name one starting with A, the next with B, and so on. The system seems to like alphabet only when it comes to ordering the files. Worth a shpt anyway...

Forget file names. That's so 20th century.
You have to tag your mp3's. At the very least, enter the Artist, Album and Track Number fields and you will be good to go.
SYNC doesn't care about file names - it indexes your files, i.e. reads those tags and builds a nice library. The play order is defined by the track number field.
If you have them in iTunes you can easily edit all that (right click on file - Get Info)

Forget file names. That's so 20th century.
You have to tag your mp3's. At the very least, enter the Artist, Album and Track Number fields and you will be good to go.
SYNC doesn't care about file names - it indexes your files, i.e. reads those tags and builds a nice library. The play order is defined by the track number field.
If you have them in iTunes you can easily edit all that (right click on file - Get Info)
20th century or not, alphabetically is how mine works. Could be that I am not playing by album, but when I just plug the USB stick in, it autoplays alphabetically by song title. Whenever I specify a folder to play, it plays them alphabetically by song title. And yes, this is true even if the album order number tag is filled in. Like I said, worth a shot if nothing is else is working for you.

I have a long MP3 file (3 hours) that I have broken up into 10 minute segments. Each MP3 file is named in succession (ie: file01of10.mp3, file02of10.mp3, etc.).

I move all the files to my thumbdrive and inser it into the USB slot. However, for some reason, the files play out of order. No, shuffle is not on.
So what order do they play in?

Back