played with the inside of the X and this happend | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

played with the inside of the X and this happend

huntman58

Reaction score
City, State
Fremont calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Dodge Advenger
okay so I like camo what can I say still have to do the back doors and then ether get seat covers or rip mine apart and use them to make new ones that will match what I have done so far. Then it’s on to paint still can not decide camo or semi gloss black every thing. So what ya 'all think!
O ya the dash was cracked big time so filled with calking then sprayed with Rustolum sealer worked okay can only see were one crack was and thats my fault I rushed it a bit . The gauge in the dash next to the switches is my tranny temp gauge that I may be changing out for an electrical one so I can monitor both hot line pre coolers and pan temps.

The fist 2 pics are the only ones I have of before. There when I had the stock seats and no extra gauges yet fact it was still bone stock for the most part but not any more. Have some big plans for down the line but there right now just plans nothing more.
O ya the big visors there going to get redone as I do not like how they truned out .Just need to get some foam for them to make them smother as I did them with out it and well mistake big time isall I can say on that!

benchseatandmanual4x45.jpg
benchseatandmanual4x44.jpg

dashexgauges.jpg

dashandmoonroof.jpg
dashpassdoor.jpg

ftobackheadliner.jpg
sub.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not a fan of the camo, like the gauges though

well I know not every one like camo but thats kool as for the gauges I find they help out a lot The top ones are 2 5/8 inches and the tranny is 2 1/16 the switches control the tranny cooler pusher fan the driving lamps and one left open for any need later. the pod I like as it comes with a hood on it so no glare from the gauges at night on the windshield had to open the holes up as they were only 60MM and too small for my gauges.

I love the camo! May have to do it one day!

Camo looks nice where did you get the materiel. I have thought about this for awhile.

Looks good! :eek: What did you use to paint the dash? How is it holding up?

Killerkidd42 I bought the material at Hancock fabrics on sale got right at 4 yards of it and that is enough to do all of it doors, headliner, visors and what not. It’s called Realtree AP gray.

BigRondo the dash was first filed (the cracks) with a silicone adhesive from lock tight that dries clear but stays flexible and is paint able. Then I sprayed it with Rustoleum black flex sealant. It’s kind of like that stuff sold on TV with a ruff none glare finish. Then sprayed that with flat black also from Rustoleum. How well dose it hold up I will have to see as I just did it. Some things I had used the sealer on around here a year ago have held up great.

Also for the headliner I used 3M super trim adhesive 90. Next I will get some UV protecting spray for the door trim to help it from breaking down and fading.
Thanks by the way for the comments

Thanks for the info. I'm planning on doing some interiors parts and I'm gathering info. I guess you could say I am in reconnaissance mode!! :D

Yuck.....But that's why it's not mine :)

I like it. Nice job. Too bad you're across the country or I'd have you do mine!

Jason94sport thanks as I take that as a complement being the ones that like it like it and the ones that do not like it will hate it and how much each say there way is a good judge how it works LOL

leftoverture it’s really not hard to do nor is it a big time eater. The hardest parts are getting the headliner out by your self and then pulling all the staples from the doors. the visors there just clam shells no sewing at all and in fact if one uses material that has some stretch like the stock stuff there easy to cover and make look good and only need to glue the smaller one back together as the bigger ones snap together. Now using cloth as I did with no stretch dose make it a bit harder but not much just make sure you use foam under the cover some thing I did not do on the bigger visors and will be redoing because of that. O and by the way never have I done any thing like this before at most all I have done to the inside of any auto is put on some seat covers or paint the vinyl. the wiring and gauges done that way to many times as each auto I have owned normally get them and only a few managed to get away from me with out that mod.

I like it my friend has that same camo all throughout the inside of his truck. I don't think I'm doing it to mine but I have to say it gives it kind of a cool feeling sitting inside

That's some pretty good work there. The gauges remind me of a 'Yota except I think they had an inclinometer.

Thanks guys. I started with just trying to fix the cracked dash and well one thing lead to the other as they say.

I think the coolest thing is what you did with the 4x4 and low range panel. You got a gauge in there and redesigned the switches. That's damn cool. How did you do that? What gauges did you install?

Saw the microphone clip too, cb or ham?

Roadrunner777
Thank you for the complement. The gauge is my tranny temp (Sunpro water/oil temp mechanical) and the switches are some radio shack rockers with the led on the end that lights when there on. There single pole single throw so just simple on off ones.

What I did being I have a manual t case that space was empty with just a filler to start with, so I replaced it with some Plexiglas painted black and then went from there. I knew I wanted the three switches there then I started looking and saw a 2 1/16 gauge would fit nice there and it answered my tranny temp gauge problem as in were to put it. So not really planed just worked out that way. now if I had a electric shift transfer case now thinking about it I do not know why this also would not work if a person used some after market switches to control the t case with say two of them and that would leave one left over. The stock switches are basically just push button on off or single pole switches to start with I believe. HMMM time to look at the wiring diagrams I think.

The clip. CB with weather channel if I ever get another stick for it that is.

I know I am now looking to relocate the curse control switches for when I change out my steering wheel but that later and it will be planed LOL.

Back