Playing Blackberry through car stereo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Playing Blackberry through car stereo

mr.explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Clearwater, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Eddie Bauer
I have an 06 EB with an aux button but no aux jack. I would like to be able to play my Blackberry Curve 8320 MP3's through the car speakers. I have read about how FM Transmitter doesn't work that well, so I was interested in adding an aux jack for an easy way to just plug in a play.
Has anyone ever done this? What will I need and how do I do it?
Sorry but I am completely clueless when it comes to stuff like this. Your help is greatly appreciated.

B

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The problem with using the BB is that its audio connector (for headphones) is somewhat unique so almost all 2.5-to-3.5 mm plug converter wont work.

Thanks guys for the response! Thanks for the link. I am going to look in to getting aux input converter. Once hooked up, I just have to get the appropriate cable to connect to the phone to it and it should all be good?

I was thinking of upgrading my stock radio to an aftermarket one. I have noticed that a lot of after market radios have a aux input jack. It's only has one jack so what would i need to cord to run from the aux jack to my blackberry? Briway showed me a Y audio cable, but i am assuming that as long as I have a aux input jack, i jsut need to plus my phone in and it should work. Does that sound right or am I missing something?

what would the cable called since it's not a Y one?

I was thinking of upgrading my stock radio to an aftermarket one. I have noticed that a lot of after market radios have a aux input jack. It's only has one jack so what would i need to cord to run from the aux jack to my blackberry? Briway showed me a Y audio cable, but i am assuming that as long as I have a aux input jack, i jsut need to plus my phone in and it should work. Does that sound right or am I missing something?

You wouldn't even need a headunit with a jack, all you need is a Bluetooth enabled headunit if your Blueberry has Bluetooth capabilities. I have a Bluetooth enabled headunit and my Samsung Rant is linked to it, not only for incoming or out going calls, but will play my MP3 selections off of my phone.
These are some of the features of my headunit, a JVC KD-AVX33

Power Output:200W Max. (MOSFET 50W X 4), 20W X 4 RMS
3.5-Inch Wide Monitor
Rear USB Port for Video and Audio playback from Flash Memory Drives, Digital Audio Players and Portable HDD Devices up to 10 GB Capacity
Built-In Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
Hands Free Calling
Incoming Text Message Display
Audio Control and Streaming
Phonebook Transfer (up to 5000 numbers)
Voice Recognition Dialing(Voice recognition compatible cell phone required) (My phone works with this feature, it's too cool)
GIGA MP3 Multi (This means you can burn up to 1,000 MP3 files to a DVD and the headunit will play it)
7-Band iEQ/High Pass Filter
Ready for iPod* In Conjunction with KS-PD100
SAT Radio Ready*
MP3/WMA/WAV/CD/CD-R/CD-RW Compatible with ID3/WMA Tag
DivX Ultra® Certified
JPEG Display
DVD-R/-RW,+R/+RW/Multi-Border Compatible
Dolby Digital/DTS Optical Digital Ouput

I hope you find something you like and that will work with your Blackberry

You wont need any fancy cables, the Blackberry Curves have the regular size headphone jack, I had one a couple months back, always listened to it at school.

(With regular headphones, not a special headset or anything)

All you need todo is get the aux adapter or whatever your planning on doing, and get the reguar (2.5mm i believe) cable

what would the cable called since it's not a Y one?

Yeah if it has a aux jack then all you would need is a cable. Most of the time the aux plugs are just a regular 3.5mm jack. So a regular 3.5mm cable is all you would need.

Excellent!! Thank you guys. Question thought about a headunit with bluetooth. My curve is currently set up for my garmin so I can use the bluetooth through my GPS. If i get a headunit that allows bluetooth connection can I be hooked up to both so i can talk through my garmin and use my radio to play my songs from my blackberry?

Back