Please advice from agents Ford, Peter and members | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please advice from agents Ford, Peter and members

Tavin

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer Limite 2016
My apologies for the grammar, I do not speak English, use Google translator, a few days ago I wrote about failure on two occasions in the ignition coils, the first fault during the warranty 6 months ago and the second two months after warranty, after ten days with the vehicle at the dealership I called to remove the vehicle, he was ready, after two hours of waiting did not deliver me and tell me that in the road test returned fail and assigned to order a vehicle for rent today call me and tell me step continuous coil current to the ECU and this is damaged, that ought to bring hope and was to pay the ECU as the coil, I do not think is right, when I got the first diagnosis by scanner told me that failure was the ignition coil, the install and all is well, and the road test them fails again, and now they say it is the ECU, they advise me to do

If I understand your post correctly, it seems that the dealer is saying that a the continuous current from the coil has damaged the Engine Control Unit (ECU). I'm guessing that there was a code for that stored after the test drive. If that is the case, then I don't see anyway of not having to pay for that. Is the coil itself working? I'm not a technician so I'm not sure exactly how these work.

Peter

Peter, the first diagnosis they do with the scanner says it is a winding fault, is brought from Guatemala, the place and the car works well, after the road test aprece other failure, and then tell me today that damage the ECU, this new fault them happened to them with the new coil replaced

Back