Please help! 1998 Mountaineer AWD. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please help! 1998 Mountaineer AWD.

kunuts

Reaction score
City, State
atco nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 mountaineer awd
hello can some please help me trouble shoot my 1998 mountaineer awd..well it seems to be stuck in all wheel drive and i dont no how to get it out of it..please help......:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hello can some please help me trouble shoot my 1998 mountaineer awd..well it seems to be stuck in all wheel drive and i dont no how to get it out of it..please help......:(

LOL! ;)
AWD means all-time 4 wheel drive...you cant change it without a transfercase swap. My personal opinion is that it is not worth it.

welcome

Welcome, and it's all wheel drive. It is not anything 4WD ever, 4WD means the front and rear are locked together and cannot be driven in dry conditions.

It could also be called always all wheel drive, the center and front differentiation is always functioning and never locked. It's all wheel drive, all of the time, always.

1998 mountaineer awd help

im new here sorry i needed to give more detail well anyway when im at a stop and turn wheels and go theres like a rubbing sound coming from the front i think. almost sounds like a tire rub but it aint cuz the wheels only turned alittle bit..is awd on all the time?i thought maybe it just came on when u lost traction?how can i trouble shoot the rubbing sound?112000 miles 1998 v8 awd which i just bought...thanks

Back