PLEASE HELP---Allignment after rought country springs on 2wd | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PLEASE HELP---Allignment after rought country springs on 2wd

Brandon1993Sport

Reaction score
City, State
Corpus Christi, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport
My truck is in the shop right now getting new tires on and they just called and told me I need brackets to set my I-beams right because the rough country leveling coils are making them un-allignable. I thought that it was going to be allignable after I put them in without any other mods? How much would these brackets cost? Any help would be appreciated.

------------------
'93Explorer Sport 4.0 OHV
3.73 gears, Pioneer Sys.
2.5" pipes w/Flowmaster
3.5" front lift from Rough Country Coils
1.5" rear lift from Warrior Shackles
New 31x10.50 BFG AT/KO's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what I have seen the highest you can go with the twin i-beam and not need drop brackets is 2". In most cases 1.5" is too much, leaving about 1-2 deg. camber, but I have seen a couple that zeroed out with 2" springs.

Hello Brandon,

I ended up about 1/2-1 degree off after installing the Rough Country coils. (Toe was in spec) Rough Country advised that the springs should settle down about 1/4 to 1/2 as you put a little mileage on them. This should bring me back into spec. Your allignment shop should have the alignment shims that should bring you fairly close. You will then need to decide if you want to be a bit out of camber/caster (I always get them reversed) while the springs settle.

Mine have been on for a few months and I can see them settling down a bit. I should be fairly close to spec over the next few months. In the interim I have been rotating my tires every 3000 miles (at each oil change) and so far I do not notice and bad tire wear.

Hope this helps.
hg

Thanks

Thanks a lot Hank, I went ahead and got it alligned with shims after the tires and it came out to .4 degrees off so it's barely off. :D And they also told me to rotate them every 3,000 so I'll be doing that. I love the tires, haven't tested them at the beach yet though, I will on Sunday at my grad. party. Do you have a lift on the back of your truck to compensate for your springs? I installed the warrior shackles and they were the easiest thing I've ever done on my truck, even easier than changing the oil.

Brandon

Brandon1993Sport,
I had to return my Rough Cnty coils because my shop said they couldn't allign my truck. Also, the front was higher than the rear. Have you measured your truck?? Before and after?? Is is level?? I opted for the coil spacers w/ the warrior shackles. My truck is level, and more importantly, was allignable.

Well my old coil springs had settled 2 inches so the spacers would not have even lifted it at all from stock. I got the warrior shackles for the back and it ended up being exactly level. The allignment is barely off and the springs should settle so I don't think it will be that much of a problem. What size tires are you running? The 31's I have almost hit the front bumper when I turn. I had also heard earlier posts that said the spacers were not very safe or strong or something like that, anyways I decided to go with the springs and I'm happy with them even though it's not perfectly alligned. Also, do you have a 2wd or 4wd, I think the 4wd's are allignable after the springs.

Brandon

Back