Please help: Fuel line question, 1992 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please help: Fuel line question, 1992 Explorer

jwins77

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have a small hole in the metal gas line that goes from the fuel filter to the engine. With the engine on it shoots out a strong steady fine stream of gasoline. I have searched the forums up an down and can't find anything relating to my problem, there's lots of stuff about replacing the filter and whatnot, but I can't find any info on the lines that run from the filter to the engine. The leak is in the worst imaginable place. Right where the the three metal lines form a little loop kinda. I got the tool to undo the quick connect thingy from the filter and under the hood. However, the three metal lines that are all right together seem to be held down by a bracket that looks riveted in place!

I hope somebody understands what I am talking about here! :) Its easy to find actually if you just follow the line out of the fuel filter towards the engine. From the fuel filter it is a flexible line with a metal braiding around it at first but that connects to a solid metal line. The solid metal line goes up near the frame with two other metal lines and runs through a metal bracket attached to the frame. I am guessing the whole setup is to protect the lines from the heat of the exhaust which it is close to. From there the three metal lines go up a little farther and make a loop (where I have a leak) and then up into the engine compartment and turn back into flexible lines.

Like I said, it looks like those lines are riveted in place or something.. They would be really easy to replace if not for that one problem.. Anybody have any info? Am I missing some easy way to get that offa there? Please help asap, I need to get this truck up and running like yesterday!

Back