Please Help How Much Air Pressure Do I Need? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please Help How Much Air Pressure Do I Need?

Could someone please help me to find out how much air pressure needs to be in my tires? Its 99 Explorer 4 door but it has 22 inch rims. The tires are Wanali 265/35R22

2197326_179_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had low profile 20" rims on my old accord and i put 44psi in them. It gave me better cornering traction, and way better fuel mileage than the 35psi the tire installer put in them. Oh yea, by the way as a side note the increase in pressure made my ZR tires that were only rated to 30k last till almost 42k miles, and i was an extremely agressive driver.

How much pressure do you have in them right now?

Low profile tires can accept the same pressure as regular tires, their maximum pressure rating is way higher though. Like i said when i bought the tires on my accord the installer put 35psi in them. I didn't like that so i played with the pressure untill i found what i liked. Here is what i recomend; as long as you are not carrying any heavy loads or towing any massive trailers put your pressure at 40psi.

Your Welcome:D

wow with 40 psi it rides so much better thats incredible

lol. you might want to look around town and see if anyone does nitrogen filling. the nitrogen molecules are bigger so they won't leak as much, plus if they do get low, you can just add air to it, it's completely safe.

i went ahead and did it and i lose maybe 1lb a month, if? and i drive super aggressive, on dirt/gravel roads.

http://www.getnitrogen.org/

it also increase life as well

wow with 40 psi it rides so much better thats incredible

Makes me wonder what you originaly had, was it riding really rough? Ah, what the hey problem fixed now right.

I know its a little excessive but i check my tires at least once every two weeks, if you do the same and keep your tire pressure consistent your tires will last way longer.

Makes me wonder what you originaly had, was it riding really rough? Ah, what the hey problem fixed now right.

I know its a little excessive but i check my tires at least once every two weeks, if you do the same and keep your tire pressure consistent your tires will last way longer.

yea i finally got a tire gauge today to check for the first time in like almost a year cause every time i previosly filled them up i never had a gauge w me they were this

LF-32psi RF-34psi
LR-45psi RR-36psi

yea i finally got a tire gauge today to check for the first time in like almost a year cause every time i previosly filled them up i never had a gauge w me they were this

LF-32psi RF-34psi
LR-45psi RR-36psi

Yikes!!!

Check your fluids,and tires at least once a month, try to make this a habbit because with your tire pressure different in every tire you won't get even tire wear and you'll have premature tire failure.

Wonder why your Left rear was so high, and your left front was so low?

Hopefully you have learned from this experience and you will check your tires more often.:D

Back