Please help identify missing hose/troubleshoot | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please help identify missing hose/troubleshoot

Aeromax

Reaction score
City, State
Moose Jaw, SK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer XLT 4.0L 4x4
2v1uo1e.jpg

33jtv7a.jpg

I just noticed one hose missing while experiencing the following symptoms and I'm so far unable to find it... Also, the hose that's loose, do you think I need to replace it or add a clamp? Thank you for any help you can offer.

Symptoms:

- Stalling & Hesitation/Stumble during acceleration
According to the Haynes Manuel:

1) Ignition system not operating properly
2) Dirty or clogged fuel injector
3) Low fuel pressure.
4) Fuel injection or engine control systems malfunction

- Power/Horsepower loss
According to Haynes Manuel it may be due to:

11) Vacuum leak at intake manifold or vacuum hoses

- Hissing sound under hood
- 'air pressure' sound around drivers dash/steering wheel (yet no problem steering)

'94 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0L V6

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK, it blows air... I've been hand cleaning the engine bay whilst searching for the missing hose with no luck so far. As for the hissing, it comes from something else that can be easily fixed, just a seal that needs to be replaced, I think.

PS

Thanks RickOTR I will check that out! Just noticed your post.

b3tvye.jpg

How's your power brake assist? Seems like you're describing a slow vacuum leak at the brake booster. But even if that was fixed that missing hose would likely still reduce boost.

2q04sk8.jpg

I did a Google search for: 1994 Ford Explorer Vac Cap or Vacuum Cap and someone had posted on this forum before with a picture of it with a simple vac cap. Soo I bought a new one (came with an assortment) and plugged it in, now it runs great again!

Trip to a mechanic averted. It's amazing how a simple little thing causes so much trouble. I know, I'm a newbie but that's why I started a 1st Gen. Explorer project, to learn all this automotive stuff... Thanks for your help guys!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359540

Personally, I want to replace most of the hoses and clamps with new ones.

Back