• Register Today It's free!

please help me find some shackles

jkp89

Reaction score
City, State
lakeside arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 explorer eddie bower
hey i been wateing to put a 2in lift on my x and now all i need is some worrier shackles, but i cant find anywear to buy them. i have tried the worrier thing on the site but cant find the shackles for my x its a 1991, please if anyone knows a link to were i can buy some give it to me i really wana get this lift on. :)

josh

ps thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.desertrat.com/
Call them up and ask...they get a lot of business from this site. The WAR153 shackles aren't listed for explorers on their website, but just call they'll know exactly what you need. I want to say I paid like $58 or so and that included shipping.

or tellico4x4.com

thx alot guys now i can get this on and start saveing up $ for tiers

Don't forget to correct the pinion angle after installing the shackles.

u actually dont need to do that with shackels it should be fine

i got the shackles ordered. so i dont have to correct my pinion angle? what is a pinion angle anyways?

thx for the help josh

it is the angle of the drive shaft from the rear diff. to the t-case and t-case to the front diff. u only need to correct that if u go with a big suspensionlift

Shackles are easy to do also. It took me and my son about 1-1 1/2 hours to do mine.

Tim

For your '91, half of the gain in the shackles is probably going to be absorbed in bringing the rear back to stock height. And with maybe another 1" or so being gained overall, there is no need to play with the pinion angle.

ok thx guys

Back