Please help me identify this part... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please help me identify this part...

Mirge

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Eddie Bauer
Snapped some pictures... it has 2 hoses connecting to it, looks like vacuum lines? The part that's bolted on there... has an electrical connection hooked into it. Not a clue what it is... but one of the hoses is broken off and stuffed w/ a bolt. I'm assuming that should be replaced. Looks like it has something to do with the EGR system somehow, so I'm wondering if that's what is throwing the P1403 code.

Please help!!! Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Figures. As SOON as I post the pictures, I find the dang part... looks identical to what I'm trying to take pictures of from what I can tell lol..

You'll want to replace the two hoses along with it. They degrade, come apart from the inside, and clog.

Hm... would autozone keep the hoses of (hopefully) correct length stocked? lol

Not sure how much of a pain it'll be to get to the one that seems to go towards an exhaust manifold..

Bad DPFE?

P1403 Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic Sensor Hoses Reversed

The above is very likely because there is no hose connection from the upstream port to the DPFE. Its very possible that you have a bad DPFE but at $55 you may want to find out for sure. The first thing I would do is replace the hose which you'll have to do whether the DPFE is good or bad. You can't just use fuel hose because of the high temperature. For more info see:

P1403 Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic Sensor Hoses Reversed

The above is very likely because there is no hose connection from the upstream port to the DPFE. Its very possible that you have a bad DPFE but at $55 you may want to find out for sure. The first thing I would do is replace the hose which you'll have to do whether the DPFE is good or bad. You can't just use fuel hose because of the high temperature. For more info see: /QUOTE]

Well, the part where the hose would connect to the sensor ... that little plastic portion that sticks out that the hose slips over... that is snapped clean off lol.

Well in that case there's no doubt about needing a new one.

LOL yeah... is there a special type of hose I need for this that I should ask for at the parts store?

LOL yeah... is there a special type of hose I need for this that I should ask for at the parts store?

You will need a high tempature silicone hose.

Back