please HELP! no interior lights or power windows | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

please HELP! no interior lights or power windows

berian_gouves

Reaction score
City, State
Rhode Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer
About a month ago I started noticing my headliner was damp after a rain storm. When I walked in my car and it was soaked I knew something had to be done. A friend told me he had the same problem in his, it was the roofrack screws. So I checked it out. I removed the headliner with step by step instructions I found on this site. When I had the headliner out I poured some water on the roof And found it was one of the roof rack screws (rotted out on the bottom) so I pulled out all the screws put a drop of silicone in each hole and put the screws back in. This seemed to do the trick because last week we had a foot of snow and no leaks!

My problem is when I had finished installing the headliner I started her up an had no interior lights and my power windows would not work. (Everything Worked before) I took the headliner out again and reinstalled it making sure everything was hooked up and connected. i also made sure i didn't blow A fuse. Still no interior lights or power windows. Has this happened to anyone else? What could have gone wrong?? Help please!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

According to my shop manuals, the interior lights & the power windows are powered by Fuse #26 (10A) in the Central Junction Box.

I will PM you with the wiring diagrams.

Hope this helps out!! :biggthump

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

Check your PM. Diagrams have been sent. ;):thumbsup:

You're welcome. Good luck getting it sorted!

Back