• Register Today It's free!

Please Help!!!! Spindle Shot!!!

94fourdoor

Reaction score
City, State
Bakersfield, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT Four Door
My wheel bearing welded itself to my spindle and Ive tried everything to get it off!! Now my spindle is pretty much destroyed and this is the only vehicle we have that can fit our newborn in. I wasnt sure weather to post this in the wanted threads or what, but I am currently out of commission and I think this is a crisis situation. If anyone has a spare passenger side spindle with ABS they can part with, PLEASE let me know ASAP and we can arrange shipping. I have a paypal account and can transfer funds right away. Thanks guys and gals! I dont know what else to do.:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey 94fourdoor,

I have the unit bearing w/ABS for the passenger side, but it is from a 99. Is this what you mean. I'm not real up on the 1st gens. On the 2nd gens the unit bearings mount in the spindle and are replaceable. Is yours 4wd? If this will work you would only need the CV shaft, if a 1st gen even has them. I think the 94s are TTB right? Let me know.

Hey 94fourdoor,

I have the unit bearing w/ABS for the passenger side, but it is from a 99. Is this what you mean. I'm not real up on the 1st gens. On the 2nd gens the unit bearings mount in the spindle and are replaceable. Is yours 4wd? If this will work you would only need the CV shaft, if a 1st gen even has them. I think the 94s are TTB right? Let me know.

2nd Gen is completely different.

I do.

I have one on the shelf. It has the hole for the ABS sensor but no sensor. The spindle bearing looks good but you might want to clean it out with brake fluid then repack it.

Remember you need a 12point socket to get the sensor/block off the spindle. I think it's a 6mm.

I thought it might be, but " me not know much about 1st gens-me only work on 2nd gens". Sorry the cave man in me came out. I knew the front was different but wasn't sure how.

Hey guys! Thanks so much for all the help! Fox, I appreciate that offer man! I went to the locals and all they had were non-ABS and 2nd gen stuff. I ended up scoring one from Mark (Maniak) and got it installed yesterday! I think I over-tightened the bearing inner-locknut though. Does anybody know what the heck 16in-lbs translates to ft-lbs?! I don't want to replace another spindle because of mechanical idiocy!

Oh yeah, I've got manual hubs, if that makes any difference.

Glad to have helped.

To me, 16 inch pounds is finger tight. Its actually 1.3333 ft pounds if you want to be picky :)

~Mark

Sweet! Thanks again Mark! I'm going to try and tinker with it in the a.m.

Back