Please must know!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please must know!!!

Couple . I love the clear headlights and corners but how well do they reflect light? As well as the clear black headlights? Also how do the projector foglights work( bright-dim) And where can i find projector headlights? All said i have a 2000 explorer and are projectors HIDs?

If you're asking how well the aftermarket "clear" and "black" lights output light compared to the stock lights, it varies with the particular light. Some members have found good lights that work well, others have been dissappointed with the build quality and light output of their aftermaket beams. Best bet is to search this forum and find which lights to get for your particular ride. The "clear" reflectors do reflect less light than the stock amber reflectors since they usually don't meet any specs or standards for reflectivity or safety.

Projector fogs vary the same as headlights, some projectors are very good, most, especially the cheap brands, are rather poor when it comes to beam pattern and output. Again, search the forum and find members who found which projector fogs worked out well. If you want a recommendation, the Hella Micro DE fog lights are some of the best fogs in a super compact size. They also made a HID version.

Projectors are not HID. HID is a particular kind of lighting system, a projector is a type of lens. There are HID systems that use projector lenses, but there are also standard halogen lamps that use projector lenses, and HID systems that use other types of lenses and reflectors.

If you're asking how well the aftermarket "clear" and "black" lights output light compared to the stock lights, it varies with the particular light. Some members have found good lights that work well, others have been dissappointed with the build quality and light output of their aftermaket beams. Best bet is to search this forum and find which lights to get for your particular ride. The "clear" reflectors do reflect less light than the stock amber reflectors since they usually don't meet any specs or standards for reflectivity or safety.

Projector fogs vary the same as headlights, some projectors are very good, most, especially the cheap brands, are rather poor when it comes to beam pattern and output. Again, search the forum and find members who found which projector fogs worked out well. If you want a recommendation, the Hella Micro DE fog lights are some of the best fogs in a super compact size. They also made a HID version.

Projectors are not HID. HID is a particular kind of lighting system, a projector is a type of lens. There are HID systems that use projector lenses, but there are also standard halogen lamps that use projector lenses, and HID systems that use other types of lenses and reflectors.

Thank you very much for the input, im all about the brightest light and i want to make sure i dont waste my money and thanks for clearing my confusion with the projectors it never made much sense just looking at them and not reading up on it. If in you travels (through forums) come up with any details on quality lights please get the links for me

One thing i have kinda noticed it this. The clear head/turn light are flat and the stock is kinda "bumpy" on the inside. Kinda like the dome light is, if you take the lens off the dome you will see that the light is more focused in one spot and the lens "bumps" spread the light a lot more. The black ones would shine a lil dimer idk how much But if 1/2 the surface is black it won't reflect the light as much. If you want more light a nice set of driving light would work with the high beam. I even seen some that have 2 bulbs in one case. One for the low and ack as fogs and one of the high and are driving light.

i have some

i have the black/clear ones on my 02 sport, and the light output only went down a little it mostly focused the beam a little more, keep in mind my headlights still reflect behind the bulb :thumbsup: its worht the look over the output :D specially if you get HID's

Back