• Register Today It's free!

pleeeeze help ac probs

BLKDIMND

Reaction score
City, State
NSW,Sydney Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
hi,my ac works really well when its idoling but once the engine builds up a little revs the fans turn off,please does someone know how to bypass this stupid option??id love it if it stays blowing all the time.:mad:

hi,my ac works really well when its idoling but once the engine builds up a little revs the fans turn off,please does someone know how to bypass this stupid option??id love it if it stays blowing all the time.:mad:
Take another look. It is possible that the blower fan is not actually turning off but that the airflow is being diverted to the defroster registers. If so, then you probably have a vacuum leak to the A/C controls or a bad check valve.

Take another look. It is possible that the blower fan is not actually turning off but that the airflow is being diverted to the defroster registers. If so, then you probably have a vacuum leak to the A/C controls or a bad check valve.
your right the airflow is been diverted,where can i find the check valve?

On most of the later Explorers, the check valve is part of the plastic vacuum reservoir. The reservoir on my Ranger is under the air filter box. Yours could be there or may be between the inner and outer fender.

Before digging into the check valve, I would first check for a vacuum line leak anywhere between the engine and reservoir, between the reservoir and the A/C plenum or under the dash. It is fairly common for a vac line to be displaced/disconnected during spark plug work or melted against the right side exhaust manifold.

Back