Plugging antenna hole on passenger fender. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Plugging antenna hole on passenger fender.

ANYONE EVER DONE THIS?

So I removed the antenna and the mount off my 05 xlt. I am left with an oval-shaped hole in the passenger side fender. ANy ideas what I can use to plug this hole? I tried using some caulk to plug the plastic moulding that once surronded where the antenna attaced to the base but its more of a temporary fix. I'm wondering if I can find some type of plastic or rubber plug that would fit in this hole and make it flush. i dont want to get involved in any body or paint work.... PLEASE help!

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the body work & detailing section. What is the diameter of this hole? They make a small diameter plug that is made out of plastic which goes into a cigarette lighter. This is used instead of an ordinary cigarette lighter that gets pushed in. If this is too small, they make a larger plug which is used on a kitchen sink to fill the hole for a spray or a soap dispenser. You might have to get creative if it's a size in between these two sizes.

Back