(Poison) Ivy Registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

(Poison) Ivy Registry

Here is my 1997 Mercury Mountaineer AWD 5.0. Picked her up on 5/12/10 for $1000 with 179,710 on the clock. She is fully loaded, but does need some work.

I'm gonna use this page as a diary/build page.

What needs to be fixed:
  • New Blower Motor Resistor
  • New Blend Door Actuator
  • New Multifunction Switch
  • New Front Rotors & Pads

What I want to do to it:
  • MAC Intake
  • Remove rear cats
  • Flowmaster 40 Series
  • Headers (When the stock manifolds crack)
  • Tune (After headers)
  • New Head unit
  • New rims

Here she is sitting in the guys backyard, with a year worth of dirt, pollen, sap, and grime.
3pd3o63l75U15P45X6a4l1df9c254254317.jpg

Here she is after a wash and wax.
CIMG0023.jpg

CIMG0026.jpg

CIMG0025.jpg

Here's what I left after doing a front driveshaft-less little burnout
CIMG0027.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice mounty

Hmm, did you add those red lights on the bumper? Also, sweet looking Mounty. I really like those. :D:thumbsup:

Hmm, did you add those red lights on the bumper? Also, sweet looking Mounty. I really like those. :D:thumbsup:

No, those were stock on 1997 Mountaineers only. I actually don't know if they are functional or not.

No, those were stock on 1997 Mountaineers only. I actually don't know if they are functional or not.

They're not lights they're just reflectors. When I was still planning on lifting my first mountaineer I wanted to find one of those bumpers, cut out the reflectors and add some lights to it.

They're not lights they're just reflectors. When I was still planning on lifting my first mountaineer I wanted to find one of those bumpers, cut out the reflectors and add some lights to it.

That's what I thought. Those are prime spots for some Aux lighting.

Well due to some drastic changes happening in my life, I've decided to make some changes for my goals for this truck.

Here's what I want to do now

Warrior Shackles
Tortion Twist
Bigger A/T tires
Cragar soft 8''s
KC Lights behind the grill
Light bar on roof with off road lights
Yakima Basket
Smoked headlights
Black aftermarket tailights

If money allows:

Cobra upper/lower intake