Police arrest mother for killing 3 teenage sons?!?!?! | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Police arrest mother for killing 3 teenage sons?!?!?!

Ak LTD Xplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 LIMITED OFF ROAD 4X4
this was on the new's last night..happend away's down the road from me..it just jerk's at my heart..i don't know..i just wanted to share..the kid's went to my cousin's school..a sad day

:(

"Police arrest mother for killing 3 teenage sons

March 17 - A devastating scene in South Anchorage on Tuesday night. Three teenage boys were found murdered in an apartment building at 12521 Silver Fox Lane. Neighbors point to one person, and a violent history to back it up.

The seemingly close-knit neighborhood mourns, shocked, surprised and angered by the boys' deaths. Worst of all is the fact that the suspect is their own mother, whom neighbors saw being taken from the scene in handcuffs.

Police have charged 42-year-old Cynthia Lord with three counts of first-degree murder. Inside Apartment 6 of the building, officers found the bodies of 19-year-old Christopher Woods, 18-year-old Michael Woods, and 16-year-old Joseph Woods. Police say the mother herself called them after the crime.

Neighbors tell the story -- three sweet, caring, concerned brothers, protective of a mother who abused them in front of nearby residents.

"I personally witnessed that attack, where she was hitting her kids with the golf club," said Homer Cole, who lived across the driveway from the family. "It's just a horrible feeling, because them boys were all good and nobody deserves that."

He and other neighbors said they don't understand how three big boys could be killed like that, perhaps by their own mother. "Judging by her violence the last time, it was a vicious attack," Cole said. "I don't know, maybe she just took it to the next level."

"The only thing we could think is that they just wouldn't fight back, and she caught them off-guard," said Nancy Newell.

Neighbors had even offered the boys a place to stay after last month's attack, but the brothers didn't want to move out and were very protective of their mother. "They just, they thought she would be OK or they were worried that something would happen to her, or what the deal was but they wouldn't leave her," Newell said.

Nearby residents say there was no father around, and the boys had lived with their mother at the eight-plex for the last eight years. It's possible that their loyalty to her brought about their deaths.

The three boys, who all attended Service High School, were seen out playing basketball in the street Monday night, just feet from where they were found dead. And no one heard a thing.

"We've only noticed violence in the last couple of months, where the police had to come out and restrain the mother and take her away at one point," Cole said.

"They were worried about her," Newell said. "They didn't want her to be hurt, but she was horrible to them."

School Superintendent Carol Comeau was among those in mourning. She says a crisis team will be at Service High School on Wednesday, helping students through the grieving period as it does every time a student or staff member dies.

Comeau is especially worried about students at Service because they recently lost their principal to suicide. "We also will have extra counselors at Service tomorrow to deal with any fallout for students," she said. "They've been through a lot. Service has been through a lot in the last month, and so it's going to be very difficult."

Comeau says that a telephone tree was put into operation Tuesday night, to alert school staff members and some students of the tragedy to prepare them before classes begin tomorrow."

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RAZOR

Reaction score
City, State
Lyndhurst,NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport 4x4 4.0L SOHC
I feel very sorry for those kids. Why didn't anyone notify the Division of Youth and Family Services? It might have saved their lives.

Critical_Level2

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Ridley Park, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLS R.I.P.
That is a shame, especially since it said the boys were good kids.

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
ewwww..... that sucks..... 3 boys of that age surely could have prevented her from killing them.....

Ak LTD Xplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
not the way she did it..i dident want to post it..but if you must know i can..it's was Very disturbing..well planed out..and really sad..she was mentaly ill from what it sound's like..and off her MED's

RFR2212

Typing Police
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
In the mug by Chitown
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 JEEP Wrangler
Not too hard to find:
http://www.adn.com/front/story/4859478p-4795982c.html

The woman shot the kids. Indeed it's unfortunate and sad to see. Bad things do happen to good people, but that's life and life isn't fair.

It's unfortunate but in my line of work, this is what we deal with, hopefully not too often, but it happens... Everywhere and anywhere.

Ak LTD Xplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
here's some more braking info:( it's just so sad!!

0317-lordcynthia.vmedium.jpg

"March 17 - The woman accused of killing her own children was arraigned on murder charges Wednesday. More details are emerging about what happened during the hours leading up to her sons' deaths.

Cynthia Lord, 42, was immediately taken into custody Tuesday afternoon when police arrived at her South Anchorage home on Silver Fox Lane. Court documents confirm that she called police and told them she was responsible for killing her three teenage sons.

Wednesday afternoon, Lord was arraigned on three counts of first-degree murder. Charging documents released by Anchorage Police Department homicide detectives show that Lord shot each of her three teenage sons in the head with a 9 mm pistol.

According to those documents, Lord first shot her 18-year-old son, Michael, at 3:30 a.m., while he slept on the couch. She told police she then waited for her youngest son, Joseph, to go to school.

After the 16-year-old left for school, she said she shot her oldest son, 19-year-old Christopher, while he was watching television in the living room. Documents say that, after killing him, she dragged his body into a bedroom and covered him with blankets. That was just after 2 p.m.

She then waited for 16-year-old Joseph, to return from school. Documents say it was around 2:30 p.m. when he got home, and she said she came up behind him and shot him in the back of the head. Police say she left her apartment and called them at 4:30 p.m. from the Carrs grocery store on Huffman Road and told them what she had done.

"Ms. Lord, you're charged with three counts of first-degree murder. Do you understand that?" the judge asked at her arraignment.

"Yeah," she replied.

"Do you have a copy of the charges?" the judge inquired. Lord nodded.

In the court documents, Lord said she bought the 9 mm pistol last October, and said she had been planning to kill her three sons since that time. Documents also state that she had a lengthy but relatively minor criminal record. There were five shoplifting charges dating back to September 1995, a charge of illegally firing a weapon in 1994, and a larceny charge.

Also, a person who wanted to remain nameless said that Lord had a number of domestic violence calls to her home, but no action was ever taken by police or child protective services. It's still unknown what caused her to snap and take the lives of her three sons."

mmpc

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Littleton, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Escape: No Boundaries
That is incredibly sad and messed up. I hope to God she's completely mentally deranged, on drugs or something. For a rational human being to do that to her own sons - wow! :eek:

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
Someone dropped the ball. A mentally unstable person who is dependant on meds to function in society has had calls of domestic violence towards her 3 kids, and still has custody? Neihbors witnessed them get beat with golf clubs, and nothing was done? C'mon now, that is disgusting. They brought it upon themselves as bad as it sounds. I would have strangled that crazy bitch at the first notion of her trying to raise a golf club to me.